JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been reading nothing but good about this pistol since it came out. Brownell's has them in stock in both black, as well as Stainless Steel. It's not hard Chrome plated like the FN Browning's, but rather a full Stainless Steel pistol. As you know Browning has discontinued the Hi-Power. So this Turkish clone by Tisas is the only one of it's kind in current production in Stainless Steel. (They also offer a model in black Cerakote for slightly less).

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/...s|Cartridge_1=APP_9+mm+Luger&avs|Make_3=Tisas

It arrived yesterday at my FFL, and I immediately drove over to pick it up. This is a beautiful gun! Especially for it's modest price of only $569.00. (Brownell's charged a $10.00 handling fee, and my FFL charged $30.00 for the transfer). So the grand total was $609.00 to get it from Brownell's to my kitchen table. Not too bad for a Stainless Steel Hi-Power.

Overall I'm very impressed. The machining and workmanship is impeccable. Very few tool marks on the inside of the slide and frame, and a nice slide to frame fit. The overall fit and finish on the pistol is beautiful! The gun field stripped very easily. It comes with 2, 13 round, polished blue Mec-Gar magazines. They interchanged with all of the other magazines I have for my other 2 Hi-Powers.

I gave everything a good cleaning and oiling. Except for the slide rails, which I greased with Weapon Shield Lithium Grease. It went back together without a hitch. I'm hoping to get it out to the range next week, assuming everything dries out. (It's been raining cats and dogs here for the last several days).

I ordered the Tisas BR9 Hi-Power Essential Reliability Kit from BH Springs Solutions. It gives you an extra extractor, and firing pin face plate. The kit also contains new springs and various roll pins required for installation. It's a good kit with quality parts that's nice to have on hand. I intend to shoot the hell out of this thing, so having a few extra parts for it in stock can't hurt. They could also come in handy for my other 2 Hi-Powers, should any small parts go south. Some of the very early production models of these guns had some issues with extractor breakage. But those were supposedly corrected, and these newer models are good to go.

Tisas BR9 HI-Power Reliability parts

If any of you guys are wanting a Hi-Power, but waited too long, and don't want to pay the high prices being asked for the used one's, don't be afraid to grab one of these. Quite honestly, for the price, I just don't see how you can go wrong. If this thing shoots half as good as it looks, I'll be a happy camper. Here are a few quick and dirty phone pics.

uczOosS.png

tI0psEY.jpg