JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm trying to sell my Tikka t3x CTR .308, it has a 20-inch threaded barrel, synthetic stock, and Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42. It's been fired a total of 10 times, shoots great it's just not what I need or want at the moment. I would like to sell but am willing to trade if it's for a decent AR. If interested please text me at 520-604-6917, I'll be willing to meet in Green Valley or Tucson. IMG_20181001_131756.jpg IMG_20181001_131712.jpg IMG_20181001_131656.jpg

Last Edited:
Bolt is on the wrong side. For me, that is. Tikkas are nice guns. I wish other manufacturers would get a clue as to how Tikka gets their bolts to slide so easily. They're like butter. How do they do it? I have a stainless lefty T3 Lite in .30-06; dropped it into an Applejack Red featherweight thumbhole stock from Boyd's. Great-looking rifle, and it hits the 500-yard gong all day long with factory ammo.

Bolt is on the wrong side. For me, that is. Tikkas are nice guns. I wish other manufacturers would get a clue as to how Tikka gets their bolts to slide so easily. They're like butter. How do they do it? I have a stainless lefty T3 Lite in .30-06; dropped it into an Applejack Red featherweight thumbhole stock from Boyd's. Great-looking rifle, and it hits the 500-yard gong all day long with factory ammo.

It's really a sweet shooter. I really don't want to get rid if it but it's just sitting in my safe, not getting any action. I really wasn't expecting the bolt to be so fast, it is pretty impressive

I really don't want to get rid of it but it's just sitting in my safe, not getting any action.
I've (maybe) got close to three dozen like that. I'd never sell any of the guns I may or may not have. Very few of the guns I might possibly own are as stock as they were the day they left the place where I may have bought them. Being a lefty, I'll put a lefthanded stock under a righthanded bolt action rifle as soon as I can find one for it. My firearms are more than valuable to me in terms of just dollars and cents; they're an expression of my love for the Freedom that comes with being an American. I like to dress them up with various little doo-dads and add-ons to make them a little different than the one owned by the poor schlub three benches down.

American Capitalism has made available to anyone who has the money a multitude of things to modify his car, house, guns, computer-- you name it. Who, in 1978, would ever think in a decade or two that high-performance parts would be available for purchase that would make a small Honda automobile of 1500 cc engine displacement able to produce 1000 horsepower at some ungodly engine speed? Probably no one, but there were those who dreamed that such a day would come. The Picatinny rail found on the upper receiver of the AR-type rifle came from competitive shooters having to machine-off the carrying handle in order to get scopes low enough for long-range shooting. After the handle was gone, a system to solidly mount the scope had to be designed. It eventually came to pass that we had the Picatinny rail, and all was well in the world. I have seen old drawings of how the free-float forward tube came about. A chunk of bar steel had to be machined with holes in specific places which would allow the gas tube to pass through and meet the carrier key. Imagine the time and expense involved. Today, we have dozens of companies that sell dozens of different free-float tube systems at affordable prices. And all of them came to us through the capitalist system, an economic system so bitterly hated by Kooky Bernie Sanders and that bird from that minuscule district in Brooklynn or Queens-- from wherever she hails. In America if you want something that can't be had, just wait and someone will start making and selling it sooner or later. Why? Because there's profit in it. American business is about profit. Is there any other reason to be in business? No, there isn't...

Last Edited:
I've (maybe) got close to three dozen like that. I'd never sell any of the guns I may or may not have. Very few of the guns I might possibly own are as stock as they were the day they left the place where I may have bought them. Being a lefty, I'll put a lefthanded stock under a righthanded bolt action rifle as soon as I can find one for it. My firearms are more than valuable to me in terms of just dollars and cents; they're an expression of my love for the Freedom that comes with being an American. I like to dress them up with various little doo-dads and add-ons to make them a little different than the one owned by the poor schlub three benches down.

American Capitalism has made available to anyone who has the money a multitude of things to modify his car, house, guns, computer-- you name it. Who, in 1978, would ever think in a decade or two that high-performance parts would be available for purchase that would make a small Honda automobile of 1500 cc engine displacement able to produce 1000 horsepower at some ungodly engine speed? Probably no one, but there were those who dreamed that such a day would come. The Picatinny rail found on the upper receiver of the AR-type rifle came from competitive shooters having to machine-off the carrying handle in order to get scopes low enough for long-range shooting. After the handle was gone, a system to solidly mount the scope had to be designed. It eventually came to pass that we had the Picatinny rail, and all was well in the world. I have seen old drawings of how the free-float forward tube came about. A chunk of bar steel had to be machined with holes in specific places which would allow the gas tube to pass through and meet the carrier key. Imagine the time and expense involved. Today, we have dozens of companies that sell dozens of different free-float tube systems at affordable prices. And all of them came to us through the capitalist system, an economic system so bitterly hated by Kooky Bernie Sanders and that bird from that minuscule district in Brooklynn or Queens-- from wherever she hails. In America if you want something that can't be had, just wait and someone will start making and selling it sooner or later. Why? Because there's profit in it. American business is about profit. Is there any other reason to be in business? No, there isn't...

VERY well said nvshooter! I especially like the "may or may not have" and "possibly own" part!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top