JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, and greeting from New Zealand !
I just wanted to share something with you so you can value your FN FAL / L1A1's a little bit more today. I'm in New Zealand and (currently) own 2 x mint condition Lithgow Manufactured L1A1's, one of which was my fathers personal service rifle that kept him alive in Vietnam in 66/67 (where on a side topic he was deployed next door to the US 173rd Airborne and they did a lot of joint operations together)
Naturally as not only an FN FAL / L1A1 enthusiastic I was until recently "as happy as larry" so to speak to own not just one, but too such beautiful pieces of history (and especially happy to have my fathers actual service rifle). Unfortunately as you've all no doubt heard the New Zealand government (following the terrorist attack in Christchurch) is now is the process of banning semi-autos and much more (and they rushing the legislation through without proper democratic due process to boot).
Having already been told that I need to "surrender" my two L1A1's by September or else (its a forced buy back) I'm now considering all options to at least save my fathers service rifle from destruction (they'll likely destroy everything like the Aussies did during their forced buy back) and I may see it I can gift it to a war museum if possible.
However, I'm getting off topic. The point I want to make is this, if you are a US Citizen this is yet another reminder to continue to value and protect your 2nd amendment as the US is the only country in the world to have such a protective mechanism and whats currently happening here in NZ is yet another tragic example of what happens to honest law abiding citizens when you don't have a 2nd amendment.
Even my father who was issued his L1A1 back in 1966 and risked his life doing what his country had asked of him, is no longer allowed (trusted) to own such a rifle (which strikes me as not only absurd, but insulting), and his rifle that survived a war and everything the Vietcong and NVA had to throw at it (and he was in the thick of it) will (unless the museum idea works out) be destroyed by the hand of our own left leaning government. The irony is tragic.

Luke Atkins, FN FAL owners group, Facebook

I'm speechless. It leaves me shaking my head in wonder as to why a single incident can trigger a government into reducing the Liberty of an entire People while more or less ignoring any repercussions against the single person who perpetrated the incident. We don't imprison the entire number of people who adhere to any certain religion when just one adherent commits a horrific crime, but we do tar & feather all firearms owners when just one commits a horrific crime with a firearm. That tells you laws against firearms owners are entirely political, and hold no water when it comes to the claim that a new law will "reduce gun violence." Guns are not violent; they do only what a human mind and a human hand command them to do. But that is too much truth about the subject. The last thing a Freedom-hating liberal wants is the truth to be known by the people upon who the law will have an effect...

I'm speechless. It leaves me shaking my head in wonder as to why a single incident can trigger a government into reducing the Liberty of an entire People while more or less ignoring any repercussions against the single person who perpetrated the incident. We don't imprison the entire number of people who adhere to any certain religion when just one adherent commits a horrific crime, but we do tar & feather all firearms owners when just one commits a horrific crime with a firearm. That tells you laws against firearms owners are entirely political, and hold no water when it comes to the claim that a new law will "reduce gun violence." Guns are not violent; they do only what a human mind and a human hand command them to do. But that is too much truth about the subject. The last thing a Freedom-hating liberal wants is the truth to be known by the people upon who the law will have an effect...
St Valentines Day shooting spawned the 1934 GCA, Kennedy assassination spawned the 1968 GCA. More examples of one incident perpetrated by criminals and lunatics have lasting consequences for the general public. Your analogy of holding a religion responsible for the act of one person or sect is an excellent one. Can you imagine the screeching if Islam were banned because of some Jihadist?

Your analogy of holding a religion responsible for the act of one person or sect is an excellent one. Can you imagine the screeching if Islam were banned because of some jihadist?
The US government cannot ban a religion; our Constitution guarantees the Right of the People the liberty to choose which religion to practice, and which to not practice. The Right to legally own and to lawfully use firearms for all purposes moral and just is also enumerated in our Constitution. The only reason one is honored, while the other is disparaged and vilified is political. Just about everybody in the Western Hemisphere has a religion; most practice it. By contrast, far fewer own firearms. The Evil Left on Capitol Hill need ask themselves just one question: "Whose votes can we best afford to lose?" The answer to those of us who read these pages is obvious...

The US government cannot ban a religion; our Constitution guarantees the Right of the People the liberty to choose which religion to practice, and which to not practice.

Thing is there is one group, whose religion contains it's own law--It is unconstitutional for these folks to practice their law here in Our country, which likely also means it is equally unlawful for them to practice their religion here as well

Thing is there is one group, whose religion contains it's own law--It is unconstitutional for these folks to practice their law here in Our country, which likely also means it is equally unlawful for them to practice their religion here as well
Unfortunately you will find it difficult to separate the religion from the political ideology which protects them.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top