JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen,

Enclosed are pictures of the lock that I received in my Trapper Pistol Kit.
While dry fitting the lock and trigger I noticed that the, "Tripper" for the trigger had a funny twist to it.
When I installed the triggers I found, there was no way that they would engage the tripper to drop the
hammer. What would you suggest I do about this defect as I don't own a torch, so I am unable to make
an attempt at straightening the piece to it's proper shape, also I am afraid of voiding any warrenty. :eek:

JCR.

Good Morning,

That piece is called a sear. And as part of the kit build, you need to heat and bend the sear to the needed positions.
Typically is to be bent toward the front trigger. But it can slightly vary per kit. You will not void a warranty by bending
this as that is how they are to be built and fit. You would need to heat the arm piece with a torch until it is cherry red,
and then slowly bend it to needed positions. Do not bend it without heating it, as this will cause it to break. Or, if you
wish to, you order a replacement sear to see if it will come straighter than your kit one, by calling Customer Service at
860-388-4656 with the model name and serial number of your gun, and we will get it on order for you. A replacement
sear Is part number 70504 and cost is $9.35 plus shipping, for a new replacement. It is currently out of stock however,
and lead time is 30-60 days, starting form day you place the order, as they are coming from our factory in Spain. But,
that is how the kit guns come, again, as it is part of the building and gunsmithing process that you may need to heat
and manipulate the sear pin to the position needed to operate correctly. Or again, you can order a replacement by calling
our Customer Service Department directly.

Thank You.

If you have further questions or concerns, then call Customer Service at the number I provided above. o_O:mad:

By "torch," Customer Service means a bernz-o-matic torch. The outer, darker blue flame of a propane torch gets to 3600 degrees. The short, inner, bright blue flame reaches 6300 degrees-- which is hot enough to melt steel. The torch I bought to anneal my brass was a princely sum of about fifteen bucks. I have seen two-packs of propane gas going for about six bucks at Walmart.

615088-d72ffbb7f9e947bdf4ea13cb2d323559.jpg 615090-cccd2fa9078720acb292b9c734399826.jpg 615089-90dbbe59afbb4034d28868d16b79f437.jpg This is a Traditions,Cap lock with a flat mainspring. There's no way I can heat this in place with my trusty Burns-a-Matic without ruining the spring behind it and getting it out looks to be a trick.:(
For now I'll press on with the rest of the build.:)

1) Your pictures showed-up on my screen as about the size of an avatar. 2) The spring was put into the assembly by a man, which means another man can remove it. I recommend a suitable amount of high-explosives because as we all know, there are dam-ned few human problems that cannot be resolved by the intelligent application of high-explosives...

Gentlemen,

Enclosed are pictures of the lock that I received in my Trapper Pistol Kit.
While dry fitting the lock and trigger I noticed that the, "Tripper" for the trigger had a funny twist to it.
When I installed the triggers I found, there was no way that they would engage the tripper to drop the
hammer. What would you suggest I do about this defect as I don't own a torch, so I am unable to make
an attempt at straightening the piece to it's proper shape, also I am afraid of voiding any warrenty. :eek:

JCR.

Good Morning,

That piece is called a sear. And as part of the kit build, you need to heat and bend the sear to the needed positions.
Typically is to be bent toward the front trigger. But it can slightly vary per kit. You will not void a warranty by bending
this as that is how they are to be built and fit. You would need to heat the arm piece with a torch until it is cherry red,
and then slowly bend it to needed positions. Do not bend it without heating it, as this will cause it to break. Or, if you
wish to, you order a replacement sear to see if it will come straighter than your kit one, by calling Customer Service at
860-388-4656 with the model name and serial number of your gun, and we will get it on order for you. A replacement
sear Is part number 70504 and cost is $9.35 plus shipping, for a new replacement. It is currently out of stock however,
and lead time is 30-60 days, starting form day you place the order, as they are coming from our factory in Spain. But,
that is how the kit guns come, again, as it is part of the building and gunsmithing process that you may need to heat
and manipulate the sear pin to the position needed to operate correctly. Or again, you can order a replacement by calling
our Customer Service Department directly.

Thank You.

If you have further questions or concerns, then call Customer Service at the number I provided above. o_O:mad:

Wow, a real live do it yourself kit, huh?

I hope you don't hafta carve the stock from a 2x6 using your pocket knife

New Resource Reviews

Back Top