JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I already have a couple of .308's and the concept of a lighter faster bullet for target practice is not in my picture. Unless your shooting prairie dogs what good is a ~100 grain bullet?
I know a guy that is building on the AR platform in the 6 mm group. Just do not see it.
As stated the "flavor of the week. "
Thanks for posting the link. Always good to have new information.

I think that people will be able to hunt with it just fine. This is a SAAMI spec cartridge, not a wildcat. The ballistics look to be pretty decent. A couple of them are still pushing close to 900 pound feet at 500 yards.

Very intriguing idea and, according to the experts, the next best thing since sliced bread, but it really doesn't do anything that much better than a fair number of other calibers or rifles I have in my stable of guns, so to that end it is an answer to a question that "I" haven't asked.
Additionally, I have a crowded reloading bench that is used to feed a bunch of other cartridges as it is, so I have to ask myself, does it warrant space and financial support to create another niche on the bench, WRT supplies, projo's, CASES (OMG! Cases!!! What will THEY cost and will they be AVAILABLE on the shelves of MY LGS?) and maybe specialized powders to fully develop a load "I" will find to fill a "Need" for hunting or just punching holes in paper at distance, etc.?
Well, at THIS time the financial wherewithal just doesn't give my trigger finger that "itch" and tell me it is a must have.
Maybe in 5 years or so I'll reassess. Until then I'll put a pin in this one.

I already have a couple of .308's and the concept of a lighter faster bullet for target practice is not in my picture. Unless your shooting prairie dogs what good is a ~100 grain bullet?
I know a guy that is building on the AR platform in the 6 mm group. Just do not see it.
As stated the "flavor of the week. "
Thanks for posting the link. Always good to have new information.
More kick-butt than the 5.56?

New Resource Reviews

Back Top