JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got to handle it today. Sending my paperwork off tomorrow, wish me luck for a speedy turnaround! This will be going on a LaRue AR10 in .308 :)

D2627222-DCB0-40C1-9D55-76BAD3AFDDC0.jpeg

503DCDB9-4BB5-4F80-A592-7B32ADA85CAF.jpeg

Sending my paperwork off tomorrow; wish me luck for a speedy turnaround!
Took my brother somewhere along the lines of seven or eight months to get the tax stamp on his Thompson. He ordered it in March, it came to the store in July and I think he got it in November. From what little I know (about anything), ATF only has half a dozen examiners. I'd heard that more were being assigned to clear the backlog of applications, but who really knows? All you can do is wait. Asking the folks in the store won't help; they know as little as do you about when the approval will come through. I have to wonder why a man can go into a hardware store in England, plunk down his money, buy a suppressor over the counter and walk out with it. Why can we not? Sumpin' ain't right about 'dat...

My latest took 32 days, e filed in store, paid my $500 and got my call to come pick up my paperwork 32 days later!
This was for 5 "builders" that I have since had engraved and am now building!

My latest took 32 days . . .
Cripes A'Mighty! I'd have never believed that ATF could do something that fast. I've been told by several who have applied for the tax stamp that ATF deliberately drags their feet-- just to irritate us. What can we do about it? Nothing; just to sit there and keep our mouths shut. Uncle Benevolence will bless our existence at his leisure...

E-File Baby; it's way way faster. My last "paper Application" took the better part of 11 months!
I like the idea of owning a Class III item. What I don't like is that once you do own it, it's like being married to it. It can be difficult to sell, and you have to ask Uncle ATF to take it across state lines-- before you actually do so. I tell myself I can live with a 16" barrel on my AR-type rifles...

Wait till you have a few "Double Stamps" SBR and Suppressed and wish to travel with them, even worse if one is a Full Auto! o_O

Actually, it's not all that bad, Avoid Kalifornication and Washington State and your good!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top