JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This level of stupid is actually pretty common. My father had all kinds of stories about criminals trying to buy guns from gun shops while wearing a ski mask, falling asleep on the bed during a burglery only to be caught when the owner came howled, al l kinds of things. I guess that's why they are criminals. They're just not very bright most of the time.

Many years ago a young co worker was pumping me to take him shooting on one of my monthly outings when he retold an event out shooting with his brothers where he had shot himself in the foot with a 22 rifle. After his brothers stopped laughing he was asked how he could do such a stupid thing, he said I just rested the end of the gun on my foot like this ( he demonstrated) I guess I accdentally pulled the trigger and the dang thing went off, whereas during the demonstration to his brothers he proceeded to shoot himself in the foot a second time. Evidently one of his brothers nearly passed out from chocking on a beer while laughing. He then took his shoe and sock off to show me the two scars as if they were a badge of honor, I slowly backed away and ignored him and any future discussion involving guns when he was in the area.

I had a roommate when I was younger who had shot himself twice. I never went shooting with him. But there was a greater tragedy when his lovely 8 year old daughter was shot and killed by his 11 year old son. I often wonder whether stupid is inherited. The haunting thing is that my granddaughter is a spitting image of his daughter. Makes me want to be even more protective of her.

You have to wonder where these people got their training!! My first class was in 1962, hunter safety, Beaverton, Oregon. Damn....That was a while back!! :) I was 13.......

I see a lot customers in the shop where I work. I am amazed at how many problems are caused by the "experienced ones." The novices usually have a healthy regard for firearms with a little instruction but the ones you really have to keep your eye on are the "I have been shooting all my life and don't need any safety rules read to me". It's usually those guys that put holes in the range baffles and walls.

Yup! Or stand at the gun counter examining a pistol and muzzle everyone to the right and left of them, including the clerk behind the counter, in the process!

You sure those "experienced ones" are truly long-time enthusiasts? -or just big talkers who never learned respect in the first place?

Our culture seems to encourage big talkers these days.

I had a roommate when I was younger who had shot himself twice. I never went shooting with him. But there was a greater tragedy when his lovely 8 year old daughter was shot and killed by his 11 year old son. I often wonder whether stupid is inherited. The haunting thing is that my granddaughter is a spitting image of his daughter. Makes me want to be even more protective of her.

Would make me wonder who the father really is.:(

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top