JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a taurus pt1911 a couple of months ago and finally got to the range to put some rounds through it. I fired 1 magazine through it to site it in and then let my daughter shoot it. I noticed she was very inconsistent with her shots so I fired 3 rounds and couldn't hit anything. I found that the rear site set screw had fallen out. When I got home I looked up the pistol and found out this is a common problem, I called Taurus waited on hold for 20 minutes before opting for a callback. 1 1/2 hours later they called me back, I told them my problem they charged me 10.75 for two replacement screws. I wasn't happy I won't be buying another Taurus anytime soon they don't stand behind their products anymore.

Sorry to hear …. I bought a PT1911 about 5 years ago. Took it to the range and couldnt hit anything. After adjusting the sights all over, I gave up and called Taurus. I was instructed to ship the gun to them. After about 6 weeks, I got the pistol back and am amazed at the accuracy of this gun ! Its the same gun I sent them but it shoots better than I can hold now. :D

I've got a 1911 Charles dailey that I rebuilt it shoots very well. I sold my ser 80 colt 1911 years ago, I rebuilt it three times after putting close to 4000 rounds through it. I couldn't trust it anymore so off it went.

I bought a taurus pt1911 a couple of months ago and finally got to the range to put some rounds through it. I fired 1 magazine through it to site it in and then let my daughter shoot it. I noticed she was very inconsistent with her shots so I fired 3 rounds and couldn't hit anything. I found that the rear site set screw had fallen out. When I got home I looked up the pistol and found out this is a common problem, I called Taurus waited on hold for 20 minutes before opting for a callback. 1 1/2 hours later they called me back, I told them my problem they charged me 10.75 for two replacement screws. I wasn't happy I won't be buying another Taurus anytime soon they don't stand behind their products anymore.

I would never have paid them any money. The pistol has a lifetime warranty on it. They screwed up at the factory, they should eat the cost of the screws. My Raging Bull .454 was shaving lead (cylinder timing was off). I sent it in, they fixed it, and sent it back - no questions asked (I did have to pay to ship it to them, but they paid for return shipping). That being said, I will never own any semi-automatic firearm from Taurus. The revolvers seem to be okay, but I will pass on their other stuff.

Hmm, something i learned eons ago, was a new gun gets a good look at it, check screws, make sure pins are in complete, maybe be sure no barrel obstruction, no major globs of grease on a shelf gun, could create issues, magazine issues, load and unload a few times, usually dry fire a gaggle of times, as far as cleaning, not much other than wipe down so i dont transfer packing oil to other things,
shoot the living snot out of it, probably only clean if a few times in its life,

first rule of new shooter' take tools along, locktite, small pistol vise or block.

we go shooting for about 12 hours when we go, an allday event, over 1k per event maybe more, shoot all steel with exception of setting new shooter sites, get it on paper and adjust from there
best of luck, tighten those nuts and bolts. folks
Rj

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top