Taurus pt1911 not happy

Reactions
I bought a taurus pt1911 a couple of months ago and finally got to the range to put some rounds through it. I fired 1 magazine through it to site it in and then let my daughter shoot it. I noticed she was very inconsistent with her shots so I fired 3 rounds and couldn't hit anything. I found that the rear site set screw had fallen out. When I got home I looked up the pistol and found out this is a common problem, I called Taurus waited on hold for 20 minutes before opting for a callback. 1 1/2 hours later they called me back, I told them my problem they charged me 10.75 for two replacement screws. I wasn't happy I won't be buying another Taurus anytime soon they don't stand behind their products anymore.

Reactions
Sorry to hear …. I bought a PT1911 about 5 years ago. Took it to the range and couldnt hit anything. After adjusting the sights all over, I gave up and called Taurus. I was instructed to ship the gun to them. After about 6 weeks, I got the pistol back and am amazed at the accuracy of this gun ! Its the same gun I sent them but it shoots better than I can hold now. :D

OP
JBrown
Reactions
I've got a 1911 Charles dailey that I rebuilt it shoots very well. I sold my ser 80 colt 1911 years ago, I rebuilt it three times after putting close to 4000 rounds through it. I couldn't trust it anymore so off it went.

OP
JBrown
Reactions
Reactions
I bought a taurus pt1911 a couple of months ago and finally got to the range to put some rounds through it. I fired 1 magazine through it to site it in and then let my daughter shoot it. I noticed she was very inconsistent with her shots so I fired 3 rounds and couldn't hit anything. I found that the rear site set screw had fallen out. When I got home I looked up the pistol and found out this is a common problem, I called Taurus waited on hold for 20 minutes before opting for a callback. 1 1/2 hours later they called me back, I told them my problem they charged me 10.75 for two replacement screws. I wasn't happy I won't be buying another Taurus anytime soon they don't stand behind their products anymore.
I would never have paid them any money. The pistol has a lifetime warranty on it. They screwed up at the factory, they should eat the cost of the screws. My Raging Bull .454 was shaving lead (cylinder timing was off). I sent it in, they fixed it, and sent it back - no questions asked (I did have to pay to ship it to them, but they paid for return shipping). That being said, I will never own any semi-automatic firearm from Taurus. The revolvers seem to be okay, but I will pass on their other stuff.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
Findlay Toyota Center
3201 Main St, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, USA
Top Bottom