JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built my three on form 1's back in the early 80's.

As explained to me by Mitch WerBell, the advantage is the target will never know from whence the shot came. The loss of muzzle blast masks the origin, and the sonic crack (if it passes the target without contact) carries no directional info.

Being easier on the ears is a freebie in combat situations, especially with subsonic round types, i.e.45ACP.

Unfortunately, Hollywood has smeared the reality of suppressor function to many of todays' shooters.

My bad!! I meant unsuppressed. My .308 is pretty loud. I agree with SbuRosa, and I hope to God I'm never in another combat situation, but I just don't like the big bang. Guess I simple.

My AR-10 I will shoot unsuppressed but my Tikka bolt action I always shoot suppressed. I guess its just nice when your in the woods and even with supersonic ammo I don't need to wear ear protection. I seriously think they have the laws backwards. They should make it a law that everyone has to have a suppressor.

They should make it a law that everyone has to have a suppressor.
In Sweden, I think it is, to not use a suppressor is considered to be impolite to the guys in close proximity to you at the local shootin' range. In England a bloke can walk into a hardware store and buy one like it was a six-pack of Coke, although I think said bloke need present his license for the rifle he owns. Why we here in the States are behind the curve, I know not.

I am, however, happy that we as Americans do not need to have a license to own a shoulder-fired weapon. Well, those of us who live in Free States. Nevada has no licensing or permitting requirements for the purchase of common firearms we buy at gun stores, et cetera. We do require a CCW to carry concealed. Suppressors, SBRs, machine guns, and AOWs are all legal if the buyer does his homework and the paperwork. We elected this glans penis Sisolak in 2016; he's a liberal batsard. Pray God the schmekel isn't re-elected in 2020...

Last Edited:
because we are run by a bunch of liberal azz hats!!
The NFA was promulgated in 1934, when $200 was a year's earnings for most people. I vote to keep it in place and to keep the $200 fee for the tax stamp. If the Tyranny-crats ever decided to rewrite the NFA, the batsards would raise the $200 to $5000 or even to $10,000 such that Joe Sixpack couldn't afford an NFA item. Drug dealers would still have their illegal items (paid for with illegal drug money), but we common sewer-dwellers could never spare that much from our annual budgets to spring for somethng on the list.

The NFA was promulgated in 1934, when $200 was a year's earnings for most people. I vote to keep it in place and to keep the $200 fee for the tax stamp. If the Tyranny-crats ever decided to rewrite the NFA, the batsards would raise the $200 to $5000 or even to $10,000 such that Joe Sixpack couldn't afford an NFA item. Drug dealers would still have their illegal items (paid for with illegal drug money), but we common sewer-dwellers could never spare that much from our annual budgets to spring for somethng on the list.

I see it totally different. I say make suppressors cheaper and take the tax stamp out of the equation and make it so everyone can have them by just walking into there local gun store and walking out with the one they want the same day.

I have literally spent the last 30 years ( 20 in the Mil.) shooting Suppressed firearms of all types and calibers, and have come to appreciate the differences in design and performance, especially in combat, but also for hunting and punchin paper! I make my own, based on a few designs I had used and found to be extremely effective. If I had my way, every rifle I own would be suppressed, but that is nether practical or affordable, nor do certain rifles "Fit the Mission" suppressed, so I keep to the few that run suppressed and call it good!
I have found my .30 cal DO NOT interchange, in that one can doesn't work for multiple chamberings with in the same caliber, I.E. my .308 can does not work on my .30/06 or my .300 Mag, so I have to have a can for each if I want to run them suppressed. The same with my .338 L.M. and my .338 Win Mag ( which really should be suppressed, but isn't) so I have to deal with each as the need comes!
I run Hybrids, a Reflex/Maxim design which seem to be the most effective design I have ever used, they do not work well on "Slow" they want hypersonic, but they have really increased accuracy, reduced recoil and muzzle jump, and most importantly for me, eliminated muzzle blast!
Effectively, mine take the BOOM out of the rifle, but not the crack, they eliminate the visual blast ( dust, grass, flash ) signature, and make the sound of the shot uni-directional, so it's damn near impossible to know where the shot came from! For hunting, if I miss, or there are other animals near the target animal, they will only hear the crack of the bullet as it passes, Not the BOOM of the rifle, and they do not equate the crack as a danger! Same with Human Tangos, rarely did any ever react to the bullet crack, other then to duck a bit and then look about to try to find the source of the shot, rarely facing the correct direction ( they tent to follow the path of the bullet's flight) and that proved to be as effective at getting their heard down as a hit on one! Finally, because of the reduction in recoil, tracking shots through multiple targets is a hell of a lot easier when your rifle isn't jumping and smokin you out with the blast gas, or blinding you with the visual blast that even good flash suppressors don't do as effectively when firing semi or full auto!

I see it totally different. I say make suppressors cheaper and take the tax stamp out of the equation and make it so everyone can have them by just walking into there local gun store and walking out with the one they want the same day.
Agreed! Take all the paperwork out of it, and the tax, and remove all restrictions as they are NOT a Firearm, only an accessory! Remove all "Official" involvement and leave me the hell alone! Pretty much the same as any other Fed Firearms Laws, they all need to go away and the agencies disbanded! Want full auto, more power to you, and your wallet!
do all that and in a few years, the novelty of it all will wear off and realities will set in and it will all work its self out!

. . . they are NOT a Firearm...
The government has the power to define words in the laws they force up our rectums. If they say a ham sandwich is a destructive device, then it's a destructive device. We, as a People, have to accept the government's definitions and live with the overflowing sewer that is government-- or move to a nation that sees things as we do. Because the United States is as close to Heaven on Earth that we will ever see in our mortal lives, we have to suck it up and tolerate the abject stupidity that flows out of Washington on a daily basis. Praise God The Framers wrote it into the Constitution that we get to throw out the trash every two years, and to choose a leader more to our liking every four. Imagine if our government was structured like that of Taiwan, which I think meets once every six years. Our entire nation would be one of protesters. The natural yearning of the human spirit is toward Liberty. I don't know how populations of other nations live under tyranny or even under restrictive laws that would never survive in this country...

Last Edited:
It is WE THE PEOPLE who allow Da Gooberment to make laws, and it is WE THE PEOPLE who hold the leash and decide what laws are just and which are not, we don't need no Lawyers in Black Robes or Politicals to decide these things for us, BUT, it takes a few hard men to stand up and tell Da Gooberment to shove it up their jacksies forcefully!

Last Edited:
It is WE THE PEOPLE who allow Da Gooberment to make laws, and it is WE THE PEOPLE who hold the leash and decide what laws are just and which are not . . .
It was that way in the 1960s, before the Corruption-crats won big in 1964. Once Johnson had a majority, he went after every crazy welfare program imaginable. He did whatever he could to put so many Americans on welfare that a Deception-crat loss at the polls was dam-ned near guaranteed to never obtain.

We're still suffering from The Great Society. Wives did not have to work until Johnson raised taxes in 1964 to fund all of his welfare programs. Once the Larceny-crats had secured the power to tax, they went full-throttle on it. In 1954, the marginal income tax rate was four percent. By 1994 when Newt and the Republicans captured the House for the first time in forty years, the marginal rate was forty percent. All that tax money went to keep the Criminal Left in power by keeping various segments of the American People just a red hair above poverty. When Uncle Benevolence is your one & only meal ticket, you vote to keep the welfare checks coming.

In my useless and uninformed opinion, LBJ was most likely the worst President we've had when it comes to corroding the American Dream and ripping the desire out of Americans to make a better tomorrow for themselves. Uncle was there to salve all wounds and comfort all torments. All he wants in return is your vote to keep you on the leash...

I would say the real damage was done by Roosevelt the 1st, and furthered by the second! The Real Gooberment over reach came with the creation of the BLM and its massive land grabs, none worse then Malhure Or. and the fighting ( and many killings) that followed the creation of the first National Wild Life Preserve, Which we all know was to secure Minerals AND to put a gooberment control mechanism over the cattle ranchers! The Gooberment wanted control and regulation over the food production as well as control over the minerals especially "Strategic Minerals" that exist in such quantities as to make Utah seem insignificant! And lets not even talk about what the gooberment has done in Nevada and other western states, and continues to do! Fed laws as enumerated in our constitution spell it out explicitly, The Gooberment CANNOT own any land, it all belongs to each STATE, and, No Gooberment agency can be created with out the full support and a signed charter BY Congress!
SO.............. We have many MANY fed agencies that are in fact illegally operating freely and unchecked, BLM, IRS, DHS, and many MANY more, AND Obummer gave over 70 of those agencies the powers of law enforcement, once again, explicitly forbidden by our Constitution! AND we have and allow Mercenary companies to operate here in this country freely and unchecked ( BlackWater, Halliburton, ect....) Also explicitly verboten by our same constitution ( There can be no standing army outside federally charter Military forces, aka Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard) so, what we have is a Military industrial machine that IKE warned us about, and it's contusing to grow and consume more and more!
The writing was on the wall back in the 1800's when the rail roads had their own "Standing Armies" and they ran amook unchecked and rarely unchallenged! We also had "Detective agencies" like the Pinkertons, who also ran amook all over the country killing and causing untold crimes and corruption to occur, and we had conflicting law enforcement agencies that were A) not congressionally chartered, and B) not accountable to the D.O.J or any one else! The U.S. Marshals, the Rangers of Texas and Arizona, and numerous others out side of City, County, and State! Any others are in fact expressly forbidden from existing!

I could go on and on and on, but I think I hit the high points!
the Point is, WE the PEOPLE have largely been unheard and unheeded, and now we face the dragon we have been forced to accept!
There is a serious reckoning coming, soon me thinks, and while it will be ugly and extremely costly, it is the only way to save this nation from it's self! Storm Clouds are building, 2020 will be the tipping point, so.............................
Head on a swivel, get fit, get secure, and get well armed!

Keep your Powder dry, your Shot stocks up, and your Flints sharp!

I don't know about the other guys, but we can't make our suppressors cheaper and they are not cheap. These days there so much engineering and R&D let along the actual machining cost and then we got to pay some bubblegum-hat like me to promote them. We don't just stack washers in tubes anymore. The tax stamp needs to go away, never should have been there, but it's there now and we should be doing something more to do away with it. It's not a weapon. It should be in a glass case next to the ear muffs.

I have literally spent the last 30 years ( 20 in the Mil.) shooting Suppressed firearms of all types and calibers, and have come to appreciate the differences in design and performance, especially in combat, but also for hunting and punchin paper! I make my own, based on a few designs I had used and found to be extremely effective. If I had my way, every rifle I own would be suppressed, but that is nether practical or affordable, nor do certain rifles "Fit the Mission" suppressed, so I keep to the few that run suppressed and call it good!
I have found my .30 cal DO NOT interchange, in that one can doesn't work for multiple chamberings with in the same caliber, I.E. my .308 can does not work on my .30/06 or my .300 Mag, so I have to have a can for each if I want to run them suppressed. The same with my .338 L.M. and my .338 Win Mag ( which really should be suppressed, but isn't) so I have to deal with each as the need comes!
I run Hybrids, a Reflex/Maxim design which seem to be the most effective design I have ever used, they do not work well on "Slow" they want hypersonic, but they have really increased accuracy, reduced recoil and muzzle jump, and most importantly for me, eliminated muzzle blast!
Effectively, mine take the BOOM out of the rifle, but not the crack, they eliminate the visual blast ( dust, grass, flash ) signature, and make the sound of the shot uni-directional, so it's damn near impossible to know where the shot came from! For hunting, if I miss, or there are other animals near the target animal, they will only hear the crack of the bullet as it passes, Not the BOOM of the rifle, and they do not equate the crack as a danger! Same with Human Tangos, rarely did any ever react to the bullet crack, other then to duck a bit and then look about to try to find the source of the shot, rarely facing the correct direction ( they tent to follow the path of the bullet's flight) and that proved to be as effective at getting their heard down as a hit on one! Finally, because of the reduction in recoil, tracking shots through multiple targets is a hell of a lot easier when your rifle isn't jumping and smokin you out with the blast gas, or blinding you with the visual blast that even good flash suppressors don't do as effectively when firing semi or full auto!

I do interchange some, but for the most part I agree with you completely. As I've mentioned, I do use my 5.56 LYNX on my .22 (damn squirrels) and I like my 300 blackout pistol with the D9, even though it's designed for a 9mm. I only have so much money and even if the tax stamp was gone, a quality silencer cost a lot of money.

It was that way in the 1960s, before the Corruption-crats won big in 1964. Once Johnson had a majority, he went after every crazy welfare program imaginable. He did whatever he could to put so many Americans on welfare that a Deception-crat loss at the polls was dam-ned near guaranteed to never obtain.

We're still suffering from The Great Society. Wives did not have to work until Johnson raised taxes in 1964 to fund all of his welfare programs. Once the Larceny-crats had secured the power to tax, they went full-throttle on it. In 1954, the marginal income tax rate was four percent. By 1994 when Newt and the Republicans captured the House for the first time in forty years, the marginal rate was forty percent. All that tax money went to keep the Criminal Left in power by keeping various segments of the American People just a red hair above poverty. When Uncle Benevolence is your one & only meal ticket, you vote to keep the welfare checks coming.

In my useless and uninformed opinion, LBJ was most likely the worst President we've had when it comes to corroding the American Dream and ripping the desire out of Americans to make a better tomorrow for themselves. Uncle was there to salve all wounds and comfort all torments. All he wants in return is your vote to keep you on the leash...

That's a tough one brother. Hard to choose the worse president we've ever had when we have so many to choose from. You know what they say; Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. However, in my humble, useless and uninformed opinion, MOST are corrupt way before they get elected.

I say MOST because I know at least one that I don't think is. I'm going to post a link to a youtube video of my current Congressmen, Clay Higgins. Before you watch it, know I am not registered with any political party and I vote based on my own research and understanding, not some sign some damn politician claims to be. Three years ago this guy was a Capt. with the Lafayette Parish Sherriff's Office and had no political ambition. Watch this video through the eyes of a law abiding citizen who supports law enforcement as I did three years ago.

Enjoy, bet you wish this was your Congressman!!

I don't know about the other guys, but we can't make our suppressors cheaper and they are not cheap.

I totally get and understand this concept but I also know that if all the BS and tax stamp went away and just anyone could walk in and buy one you would sell way more. When you sell more you don't have to mark them up as much which means eventually the cost of manufacturing would come down and thus the prices would eventually drop. Hope that makes sense.

It also comes down to QUALITY! The good folks that have done the work of designing and engineering, testing and perfecting things SHOULD be able to command a good price, and get it! There would be a lot of fly by night outfits cranking out tubes and washers, and even more folks with a lathe and welder doing much the same, so what, who cares! Those will never be able to compete in quality, function, durability, and value! Once the novelty of it wears off, you will find that the outfits that survive will offer the best of the best products at a price point that keeps the novelty out, and the serious invested!
:D

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top