JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could have used one on my long-action mildcat rifles (a .300 and a .358), but I gave them away. From what he's told me, my friend from high school is really lovin' his new rifles. Better he use them than me; I don't have much ambition anymore to get out into the desert and set-up the whole mess just to shoot six-inch groups from 300 yards...

Wanted one for my AR10.
I was once witness to a young man who had one on his 300WinMag. The report was very much like the sound you'd get from a forceful clapping of the hands. I sort o' remember the recoil was somewhat tamed, as well. You should have gone for it for your AR-10...

Everything I looked at was a 30 to 40 db reduction, which sounds good until you start at 140 to 160 db. Certainly not quiet in my mind. Besides I do not have the time right now for my shooting jones. Completing my home is first and selling the existing place is second. Both require a lot of attention.

. . . 30 to 40 db reduction...
If I remember my electronics lessons from 1980-82, a 3dB reduction is one-half of the original strength/power of the sound. If I'm right, 27dB is one-half the power of a 30dB sound. I just stuff my earplugs deeper into my ears and save the thousand bucks for the piece and the $200 for the tax stamp...

Exactly my reasoning.

Steel mill, auto horn at 1 meter. Turbo-fan aircraft at takeoff power at 200 ft (118 dB). Riveting machine (110 dB); live rock music (108 - 114 dB).110db

No wonder my ears ring most of the time now.

Curious how many of you have them?

What do you have and do you like it or LOVE IT!!!

I have a Omega from Silencerco and love it. Fits all my long guns and its easy to switch from rifle to rifle.
Our suppressors at not "one size fits all" but I use my LYNX for both me .22 and my 5.56 (full-auto). We also carry our Patriot line for military and law enforcement, which include the Defender and the D9. The Defender is a little bit beefier then the LYNX but is also for 5.56 and we the D9 which is a defender most commonly used with a MP-5 (full-auto) in 9 mm. Now, lets talk distance shooting. my 12 year old son hunts with a .308 that I've outfitted with the Pantera. The Pantera is not designed to go full-auto, but it can. It's designed for maximum accuracy for distance shooting. It produces NO NOTICABLE point of impact shift. My 11 year old daughter (weighs about 70 Lbs.) hunts with bolt-action 5.56 with a LYNX, and she loves it!! The only reason we wear hearing protection at the range is because of the shooters around us. Don't take my word for it, below is a clip of Rex Tibor reviewing the Pantera. I've also thrown a link to a former UTD guy that is currently a state level SWAT commander reviewing the D9. I love shooting that damn MP-5!
Thanks 11 Charlie!

We really don't deal much with pistol silencers because we mainly cater to government and industry sales, but I use my LYNX on my Mark III. all other pistol silencers require a buffer spring. We have teamed up with the FBI and are currently testing with them a Patriot Defender with a QD mount so they can just carry it in their pockets and keep their AR pistols under their jackets and don't have to worry about point of impact shift. their AR have 7 1/2" barrels. Our D9 simply wouldn't work correctly on a pistol.

They say that you loose some effect on the can buying one size fits all but to me it was worth it having one that fits all my rifles. I would like to buy one that fits all my pistols but would be happy with a 9mm if the price was right.
the difference is marginal at best. youd have to have REALLY good hearing to hear the difference. my hybrid46 is just as every bit as quiet as my buddies surefire can in 30 caliber when shooting 308 through it. subsonic? cant tell the difference with a 308 bolt gun. subsonic 300blk out of a DI AR style rifle is BARELY noticeable...and i mean BARELY.

the difference is marginal at best. youd have to have REALLY good hearing to hear the difference. my hybrid46 is just as every bit as quiet as my buddies surefire can in 30 caliber when shooting 308 through it. subsonic? cant tell the difference with a 308 bolt gun. subsonic 300blk out of a DI AR style rifle is BARELY noticeable...and i mean BARELY.
Being quite is only one attribute to be considered when evaluating a silencer. Some others are Point of impact shift, blow-back, weight, size & muzzle climb. If all you want is the most quite silencer in the world, then you are going to wind up with shoe box size can on the end of you barrel. If you just want the smallest "Tac-Ti-Cool" can, then your third shot wont hit a fat man at 50 feet and you won't be able to breath or see afterwards. Check out this review from a former UTD and current SWAT commander.

Obviously sound is important, but there are other things to be considered when using a can designed for a larger caliber of bullet then what you are using it for. Depending on the design of the baffling system of the silencer, the gasses may create different pressure effects on the bullet as it exits the silencer. This could effect the accuracy of your shot, hence giving you one more excuse for you lack of ability. Also consider that since you are changing the gas management, you will most likely have a higher amount of blow-back. Now, having said that, I have a 22 pistol, 3- 22 rifles, 1-5.56 bolt action & 3-5.56 AR's and I use one silencer, the LYNX, to support all 8 guns. It's an expensive day when my whole family goes to the range with Dad. I change this silencer on the go to whoever wants to use it, so it's important that there is NO point of impact shift when changing from suppressed to unsuppressed. My next buy is going to be the Defender D9 to use on my .300 Blackout and maybe one day my wife will let me get a MP-5.

Lynx 1.JPG

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top