JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just picked up my Silencerco Hybrid two weeks ago.i love it. it works with every gun i have that has threads on the end of the muzzle! boy, am i tickled pink. it is so nice to be able to shoot without hearing protection!! i stood next to a 30-06 being fired with my can on it and didnt feel i needed ear plugs at all!!

my FAVORITE is my glock and 300blk subsonic hand loads. SOOOO QUIET! any one else here part of the NFA world?

just picked up my Silencerco Hybrid two weeks ago.i love it. it works with every gun i have that has threads on the end of the muzzle! boy, am i tickled pink. it is so nice to be able to shoot without hearing protection!! i stood next to a 30-06 being fired with my can on it and didnt feel i needed ear plugs at all!!

my FAVORITE is my glock and 300blk subsonic hand loads. SOOOO QUIET! any one else here part of the NFA world?

You have a couple of them don't you? Do you think its better to get a universal for your first one or a dedicated for a specific caliber?

You have a couple of them don't you? Do you think its better to get a universal for your first one or a dedicated for a specific caliber?

i just have 1 and its good from 22 up to 45-70govt. it is magnum and full auto rated with certain barrel lengths, full welded and lifetime warranty.

you have the option to buy a variety of end cap and mounting options to get the most efficiency(sound reduction) out of the caliber you're shooting.

i like the route i went because A: i have a lot of host guns and B: only had to pay for one stamp.

the suppressor i have (SiCO hybrid) is fairly light weight so that it honestly doesnt feel that bad on my pistols.

one catch 22 of my can is that its fully welded. i cant take it apart to thoroughly clean it but i have the option to shoot magnum calibers (which i have).

a lot of people i know have 45acp suppressors and 9mm suppressors... ive shot both with 9mm subs. there literally isnt much difference in sound other than shooting 9mm thru a 45 can has a deeper tone which IMO is because there is more "space" in a 45 can to contain the gas/sound. most 45 cans will tolerate 300blk subs so atleast for a 9mm i would buy a 45 can or a multi cal can.

the great "IRONMONSTER" on our NWFA site once said "something made for anything wont be the best for everything" i would agree. my can probably isnt optimum for every caliber i own but it definitely works. REALLY REALLY well. i mean my 40 and 300blk sounds like a nail gun.

i can see where a dedicated 22LR can would be nice especially for 22lr pistols. they are generally smaller and lighter like their hosts and doesnt make it muzzle heavy.

I recently shot a AAC Handi-Rifle in 300BLK with a suppressor (can't remember which one) and it was incredible. The sound of the bullet hitting the gong was the loudest part. I'd love to get my hands on a Silent Destroyer one day.

I would love to have one for every gun I own. I'm really hoping that the new law passes so I won't have to jump through all the hoops.

I have a tirant 45 sitting in a shop I haven't filled lapaerwork out for yet. I too am waiting to see what happens with legislation.

This is what I'm waiting for. Fingers crossed it passes!

i just have 1 and its good from 22 up to 45-70govt. it is magnum and full auto rated with certain barrel lengths, full welded and lifetime warranty.

you have the option to buy a variety of end cap and mounting options to get the most efficiency(sound reduction) out of the caliber you're shooting.

i like the route i went because A: i have a lot of host guns and B: only had to pay for one stamp.

the suppressor i have (SiCO hybrid) is fairly light weight so that it honestly doesnt feel that bad on my pistols.

one catch 22 of my can is that its fully welded. i cant take it apart to thoroughly clean it but i have the option to shoot magnum calibers (which i have).

a lot of people i know have 45acp suppressors and 9mm suppressors... ive shot both with 9mm subs. there literally isnt much difference in sound other than shooting 9mm thru a 45 can has a deeper tone which IMO is because there is more "space" in a 45 can to contain the gas/sound. most 45 cans will tolerate 300blk subs so atleast for a 9mm i would buy a 45 can or a multi cal can.

the great "IRONMONSTER" on our NWFA site once said "something made for anything wont be the best for everything" i would agree. my can probably isnt optimum for every caliber i own but it definitely works. REALLY REALLY well. i mean my 40 and 300blk sounds like a nail gun.

i can see where a dedicated 22LR can would be nice especially for 22lr pistols. they are generally smaller and lighter like their hosts and doesnt make it muzzle heavy.

Despite the drawbacks, that's pretty cool it works with such a wide range of calibers. Are the end caps and mounts expensive? Seems like this is the way to go if the Hearing Protection Act doesn't pass.

If the HPA does pass I think the cost of suppressors will increase short term as demand spikes, but eventually I think they'll several times cheaper than they are now ($100-$200). Once that happens I'll likely have one for each caliber :)

I recently shot a AAC Handi-Rifle in 300BLK with a suppressor (can't remember which one) and it was incredible. The sound of the bullet hitting the gong was the loudest part. I'd love to get my hands on a Silent Destroyer one day.

This is what I'm waiting for. Fingers crossed it passes!

Despite the drawbacks, that's pretty cool it works with such a wide range of calibers. Are the end caps and mounts expensive? Seems like this is the way to go if the Hearing Protection Act doesn't pass.

If the HPA does pass I think the cost of suppressors will increase short term as demand spikes, but eventually I think they'll several times cheaper than they are now ($100-$200). Once that happens I'll likely have one for each caliber :)
lanbos armory has them for the cheapest ($53ish) especially if you have a big order with them. shippings usually $10 oh and use "facebook" as a promo code gets u $5 off

I think that rather than thinking about my "next" gun - I need to bite the bullet so to speak, and go ahead and buy a can to start the wait time to get it out of jail. I like the idea of one can and stamp will do multiple firearms, even if it means that the noise suppression isn't 100% as effective as it could be if it were only dedicated to a single caliber's use. I just need to get'r done!

I think that rather than thinking about my "next" gun - I need to bite the bullet so to speak, and go ahead and buy a can to start the wait time to get it out of jail. I like the idea of one can and stamp will do multiple firearms, even if it means that the noise suppression isn't 100% as effective as it could be if it were only dedicated to a single caliber's use. I just need to get'r done!

its hard to think that there are quieter cans than the one i already have.im sure there are but id like to shot some caliber specific ones just to see

I've got 3. First is a SilencerCo Omega. I run it primarily on my 300 Black Out SBR and it works very well with subsonic rounds. Even with regular the suppression works very well. On my regular AR, it deadens the sound very well. Such a treat to not use hearing protection when shooting! I'm going to try it on my Remington 308 and see what the sound is like on that.

#2 is a 22 suppressor from a small company in Virginia. I use it on a 22 pistol or 10/22 rifle. Very nice. Dirty as a son of a gun though. It's all aluminum and I spend a good bit of time on the baffles cleaning them.

#3 is an AAC Ti-Rant 45M. Still in jail, but about to be paroled (based on dates). I can run that on my 300 black out, but it's pretty much for the handguns.

If the HPA does pass, there's more that I'll purchase, but for now, I'm set.

This is where I'm at, I really just need to get it done. If HPA doesn't pass I'll probably be a one can guy for a while. If it does I'll be part of the buying frenzy :D

I've got 3. First is a SilencerCo Omega. I run it primarily on my 300 Black Out SBR and it works very well with subsonic rounds. Even with regular the suppression works very well. On my regular AR, it deadens the sound very well. Such a treat to not use hearing protection when shooting! I'm going to try it on my Remington 308 and see what the sound is like on that.

#2 is a 22 suppressor from a small company in Virginia. I use it on a 22 pistol or 10/22 rifle. Very nice. Dirty as a son of a gun though. It's all aluminum and I spend a good bit of time on the baffles cleaning them.

#3 is an AAC Ti-Rant 45M. Still in jail, but about to be paroled (based on dates). I can run that on my 300 black out, but it's pretty much for the handguns.

If the HPA does pass, there's more that I'll purchase, but for now, I'm set.

I'm a big fan of 300BLK after shooting that AAC Handi Rifle. I might build one in anticipation of the possible HPA passage. Even if it fails I'll probably end up getting one.

I have 2 bought a AAC7.62SD and then got a deal on a AAC SPR/M4 .
AAC builds a great suppressor do your homework.
The 7.62sd is on a scout 16 m1a.
The sprm4 is on a ar15
I had to go through alot to get them to work. Cracked the bolt on m1a had to send it back to Springfield .Needed to use adjustable gas system on both guns . The AR also needed a heavy buffer.
Also keep in mind with a semi auto that gas has to go somewhere and if you slow it down out the muzzle it comes out the chamber. Meaning more cleaning . Also with AR I went with a specal charging handle that has vent holes to send gas away from shooter. But even if you use sub-sonic ammo it can bring issues . You have to adjust everything so the bolt will work with that ammo. But if you do that you have to adjust it back to run reaguler ammo.

There is alot more to it then just buy it and shoot please do your homework.

wildbill9ball on Instagram: "M1A with AAC7.62SD silencer ROCK RIVER m4 with AAC SPRM4 silencer"

Last Edited:
Getting my paperwork together for my first suppressor this week! Bought a LaRue Tranquillo for my Larue AR10 :)

I bet! I've been buying guns with threaded barrels for years knowing the day would eventually come. I can't wait to get a .45 can for my FNX-45 :)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top