JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
South of Tempe is a vast Indian reservation. Not a good idea unless you know someone out there.
East can take you a long way, Usery Pass had a gun club that I used on my hunting stuff I believe there is an archery range out there.

I know it is pay as you go. Over the years I have gotten away from just wandering out and shooting. There are just to many places where homes and businesses have sprung up for me to feel safe about shooting.

If my foggy memory serves correctly there used to be a indoor range in Tempe. I know Shooters World is in Phoenix. First place I ever had a loaded machine gun in my hands.

7 Mile Gun Range near Kingman, actually near Golden Valley is a good place. Has interactive archery, cowboy, hand gun specific, rifle to 200 yards, lots of steel to shoot, 1000 meter on paper and 500 meter steel targets. Covered areas, open 7 days a week. Right now open 7-7. Cost to use range is $15.00 for all access. Memberships are reasonable. Think I paid around $150 for Senior (70 years) membership. Bring your own paper targets or purchase there. www.mohavesportsmanclub.com

Recently moved to Kingman area. Surveyed expanse of BLM lands to shoot and found several spots, well used and covered with the debris of careless shooters. Both areas a real mess. Contacted BLM to inquire if they would provide trash bags and a location to deposit or a dumpster. Received a cordial reply with the following explanation. Not an exact quote.

Due to the high levels of lead, likely in the surrounding soil, we cannot risk the public participation in the clean-up. It may well require hazardous material clean-up.

I was offering to pick up metal cans, shot shell casings, broken pallets ands such. Oh well.

I bring a box of big trash bags every time I go out shooting, and pretty much fill the bed of my pickup with other people's shooting trash to bring home. None of that stuff leaves by itself, and if BLM has to do it - it's just one more reason to shut down the area.

Thanks to you guys for all the feedback! I don't get in here as much as I'd like or like to remember to, busy bla bla bla but alright! I'm thinking of checking out the 7 mile gun range this weekend. You say lots of steel to shoot sounds fun. I'll bring my ol' dad with me, he likes to shoot that old colt 45 cowboy style. He should get a kick out of that...

now that my long winded intro is out of the way, sorry for that, does anybody have a suggestion to where I can shoot outdoors just outside the valley? Currently I'm around Tempe but will go wherever.
Bloomberg should be having an anti gun rally soon. I know I will be shooting there.

BRAINS.jpg

The east valley has exploded since I was there, 10 years ago. I did live in the valley for more than 40 years before bailing and heading south to Tucson. Usery Pass comes to mind but that is a range. Have you tried route 88 heading to Roosevelt Lake out of Apache Junction?
Traveling south is out because that is all Reservation land and with out an invite or you know someone can be dangerous for you. I used to shoot near Casa Grande, had a invite from a local land owner.

There is a shooting range right before Payson on the east side of the Beeline. It's 2 miles south of Payson. They have a range that shoots out to 300 yards I think.....Its a club that you can join or just pay to shoot from what I was told.......

Tonto Rim Sports Club is the name of it......

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top