JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shoot a fair amount of .22LR and .17HMR, especially now with the scarcity of other calibers. I always collect my casings when I'm done shooting, I believe in being a responsible steward of the land. I keep my centerfire casings to be reloaded, but I know rimfire can't be reloaded. Any suggestions as to what to do with the brass? Just regular recycle? Trash? I don't like the idea of throwing brass in a landfill.

I shoot a fair amount of .22LR and .17HMR, especially now with the scarcity of other calibers. I always collect my casings when I'm done shooting, I believe in being a responsible steward of the land. I keep my centerfire casings to be reloaded, but I know rimfire can't be reloaded. Any suggestions as to what to do with the brass? Just regular recycle? Trash? I don't like the idea of throwing brass in a landfill.
Bring it to a scrap yard they will pay you for it by the pound

Somewhere I have an old set of swaging dies that turn empty cases into jacketed 22 cal bullets.
My grandfather was making bullets durring wwII and the Korean wars. When he could not buy bullets. I have tried it a couple times. It is time consuming, But I can make shootable bullets with them. The easiest were a half jacket made from 22 shorts.
I take most of mine to the recycler, But if push came to shove and I could not get bullets, it is a possibility! DR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top