JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like a great place to buy and sell. Hope to get some of my bucket 🪣 list guns while I can still enjoy them. 25 years AZ State Trooper retired, Army Airborne.

6E1457F0-F4D7-41A0-B94D-280EB01FBA25.jpeg

Last time I was in St Johns They were building the second Coal plant. It was the county seat of the largest county in AZ, and still only had one traffic light! I worked there about a year and a half. I hear both plants are closed now.
Not a bad place to live, If you had a job! DR

Last time I was in St Johns They were building the second Coal plant. It was the county seat of the largest county in AZ, and still only had one traffic light! I worked there about a year and a half. I hear both plants are closed now.
Not a bad place to live, If you had a job! DR
Coronado plant still up and running. My wife owns Jaramillo's bubblegum and Store. Still a great place to live.

There were 3 units, largest coal plant in the US. The plant was designed in the 40's with out pollution controls per se. It was impractical to update the plant for the Obama EPA rules. We keep dismantling power stations and we are not building new ones. There will come a time when the power company will not have enough. California will see this soon. As there are not even any new power stations planned for the the state. Solar and wind are great except when the wind does not blow and it is night time. California is looking into building sized capisator banks which cost billions and will provide power for up to 3 hours. They figure it is cheaper to buy the electricity from someone else, which they do. a retired electrical industry worker.

I agree about the living conditions. Pretty part of the state, just to much dandruff for me.

2021-10-01-Benson-navajo-ngs-help.jpg

I worked on Unit two in 1983, it was pretty much the only thing out there at that time.
I'm still in CA, our idiot Governer is mandating electric cars for everyone but not adding any electric generation projects. He has outlawed small gas engines, and already the power goes out often! What do you think runs a portable generator? DR

There were 3 units, largest coal plant in the US. The plant was designed in the 40's with out pollution controls per se. It was impractical to update the plant for the Obama EPA rules. We keep dismantling power stations and we are not building new ones. There will come a time when the power company will not have enough. California will see this soon. As there are not even any new power stations planned for the the state. Solar and wind are great except when the wind does not blow and it is night time. California is looking into building sized capisator banks which cost billions and will provide power for up to 3 hours. They figure it is cheaper to buy the electricity from someone else, which they do. a retired electrical industry worker.

I agree about the living conditions. Pretty part of the state, just to much dandruff for me.

View attachment 20693
An AZ power company is assembling a solar power system, I think it's supposed to power like 80,000 homes

I worked on Unit two in 1983, it was pretty much the only thing out there at that time.
I'm still in CA, our idiot Governer is mandating electric cars for everyone but not adding any electric generation projects. He has outlawed small gas engines, and already the power goes out often! What do you think runs a portable generator? DR
Propane or natural gas?

Propane or natural gas?
My backup generator will run on all three Gas, NG, and LPG. And all three will be illegal in CA in three years. [ the small engines that run on these]. I just upgraded, so that my new one will last another 20 years or so.
Rooftop solar has never been profitable. The only thing that made it work was the government subsidies. Without them it is not sustainable.
Without the government kicking in a couple grand every year, rooftop owners would be paying that much more for their power.
Without the subsidies, small rooftop installs have a payback time that is very near their expected lifespan. So, about the time it pays itself off it is due for replacement.

Ca several years back made PG&E sell off its generation plants. So, they no longer control how much power is in the grid. Rooftop solar relies on forcing PG&E to buy excess power during the day. and sell power back at night. But without the control of generation plants, they have no ability to control the power flow. and no ability to control their own profits.
Sooner or later CA will move to take them over. And then we will see how screwed up the power grid can get! DR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top