JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased the Springfield XD-E 9mm for concealed carry use. I don't expect it to be a very good target pistol, that's not what it's for. This is Springfield's new CC offering that revert back to the use of an actual hammer to fire. That allows it to be DA/SA and not have to be concerned with all the extra little trigger safety widgets that many of the striker fire pistols have. It's got a typical ambi manual safety lever that I will never use. It's either got one in the chamber and ready to fire, or it's unloaded and not usable for defense. It's single-stack, nice and thin, but each mag only holds 8 or 9 rounds. As for the trigger? The first DA pull is about what I would expect when having to charge the hammer for the initial round. After that - in SA mode - the trigger has a nice crisp break. It's a little heavier thanI like, but it IS for carrying and not target shooting. It could use a shorter reset for my liking, but again, pretty much zero chance of accidental ND from it firing before you were ready.

XD-EFlat.jpg

Yesterday I took the Springfield XD-E to the range to better familiarize myself with how it shoots. While it does shoot MUCH better than my little Sig P290RS, it IS still a small 3.3" long barrelled concealed carry pistol. While I'm not that thrilled with the random dispursement of projectiles at much distance at all - it did group OK for such a short thing.

The first two mags worth.

XD-E10yds.jpg

Of course, if this pistol were to be used in a defensive situation - each round wouldn't necessarily be slow-fire aimed. It would be in multiples of double-taps. Someday I'll hopefully be able to "fix" my problem of over-compensating for flip and get my follow-up rounds to land closer to original aim point.

XD-E15yds.jpg

I'm quite happy with this purchase. I'll become more proficient with it over time, but it's now become my daily carry. Sorry for no video! LOL

Last Edited:
Thanks for the range report, looks like good shooting! How far away were you from the target?

Thanks for the range report, looks like good shooting! How far away were you from the target?
First 2 mags were 10 yds.

The target with all the holes was 15 yds. It needs some work!

When I brought the target in to 7 yds it made me feel like a good shot..... But I don't improve any when I think it's "good" enough. I want to have to work at it. I didn't bother with pics of it then.

I then sent the target out to 20 yds for some embarrassing humility. THEN we had some projectile scatter! Got the knee, then the shoulder, then an ear, a couple in the center mass...Not very good!

Then I had to pull out the 5.25 to make me feel better about myself. Hahaha

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top