JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will give a couple of my reasons:

I varmint hunt in Arizona. I've run into groups of illegals withing 30 miles of Phoenix, one group had stolen, butchered, and eaten most of a cow from a nearby ranch. Their encampment was made out of what appeared to be other stolen items. I want firepower.

My varmint and small game rigs include an AK in 5.56, multiple ARs in 5.56, multiple ARs in .22lr, Ruger 10-22s and Ruder 22mag. All have mags with much more than 5 rounds.

When I go big game hunting, I use several rifles, a couple "AR10"s, an AR in 6.8spcII, and others in 7.62, they all hold more than 5 rounds.

When I camp in high country, bear country, I used to a Marlin lever gun in .458 Marlin, it had a 10 round capacity but I switched to an AR in .458SOCOM because of control familiarity and it still holds 10 rounds.

I might be walking around at any time with more than 5 rounds in my hunting weapon, and that ignores my pistol. The only hunting rifles I currently own with less than a 5 round capacity are a Win-70 7mm mag and a Benelli R1 300 Winnie.
Thank you for your reply.

First you ask a question in s very accusatory nature

Then you follow-up with a holier than thou statement to cement your position

So, you toss a grenade into a shooting forum, then you confirm that it was not by mistake, and you expect civility in responses.

Exactly what color isa your sky?
I always expect civility. But then I guess expectations typically lead to disappointment. My sky is the color of USAF blue. How about yours ?

Your expectation of civility is severely undercut by your method of asking your question and your accusatory responses to answers.

If all you need is a 5 round 30.06 that's great but there is no need for anyone to justify, to your satisfaction, their desire of more than 10 rounds.

You've already demonstrated that your frame of reference is Sacramento California, a severe limitation when challenging others from free states.

Your expectation of civility is severely undercut by your method of asking your question and your accusatory responses to answers.

If all you need is a 5 round 30.06 that's great but there is no need for anyone to justify, to your satisfaction, their desire of more than 10 rounds.

You've already demonstrated that your frame of reference is Sacramento California, a severe limitation when challenging others from free states.
I am sorry you felt challenged.

I been hunting with a bolt action, 5 round magazine, for 50 years. Why are you here ?
This is at best your typically (c)alifornia rino. Yes I temporarily reside in (c)alifornia. I have to say sadly I see this narrative/agenda/talking point daily.

And speaking for the silent majority out side of s.f., sac., and l,a. Their are more stand up conservatives than one would imagine.

There you go. I did not say I hit man sized targets at 800 yards with a Model 70 in 30-06. You created that. I understand you better than you understand me I think. Have a great day.
Lm
Thank you for your reply. Just plain target practice strikes me as a good reason. One has to keep ones safe skills up.
This guy is fishing. Bait and hook. When. You can translate liberal speak its crystal clear

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top