JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be very honest. Tell me why you really need a magazine with more than 10 rounds. I do not think you will get that many shots at that deer.
Spoken like a true Californian.

Ever hunted down by the border ?
I have for many years.
When you run across a bunch of drug smugglers , you might rethink your 10 round magazine capacity.

I like magazines with more than ten rounds because I dislike having to break my rhythm when I am putting together good groups. I also like the idea that my forty-round magazine is initiating a serious case of diarrhea for some brain-damaged liberal US Senator in a far-western State...

Be very honest. Tell me why you really need a magazine with more than 10 rounds. I do not think you will get that many shots at that deer.
If all you ever use your one firearm for is to shoot at deer, you are right, YOU do not need more than 10 rounds. However, only a true Fudd would attempt to apply that standard to everyone and every use of a firearm. Please stay in Sacramento, CA.

PS, I said one firearm because I know you couldn't use more than one firearm to shoot at a deer.

If all you ever use your one firearm for is to shoot at deer, you are right, YOU do not need more than 10 rounds. However, only a true Fudd would attempt to apply that standard to everyone and every use of a firearm. Please stay in Sacramento, CA.

PS, I said one firearm because I know you couldn't use more than one firearm to shoot at a deer.
Why assume something was attempting to be applied to everyone ? Strikes me as limited thinking. You are correct, I have only one rifle, and have no need for actually more than a 5 round magazine. I find it interesting that so few, of so many, have not posted their personal reason for needing a larger capacity magazine.

Why assume something was attempting to be applied to everyone ? Strikes me as limited thinking. You are correct, I have only one rifle, and have no need for actually more than a 5 round magazine. I find it interesting that so few, of so many, have not posted their personal reason for needing a larger capacity magazine.
Well, here's the problem, as I see it. If all you have is one deer rifle, don't shoot competitively, have never been in an urban gunfight, have not given any thought to defending yourself, especially against multiple attackers, don't understand that all courts, in all cases, have ruled that your personal safety is not the responsibility of any law enforcement agency.

In that light, how can anyone demonstrate how many shots it takes to stop an attacker numbed by drugs, stop multiple attackers who may also be armed, why calling 911 and waiting an average wait time of 20 minutes when the average gunfight which takes less than 1 minute, you are charged by a bear while out hunting and carrying your 5 round 22lr, or even worse, someone breaks into your home and you have no idea how many people, and your kids are in separate bedrooms down the hall.

I have no idea what you think your capabilities are with your 5 or 10 round magazines when you are competing or your adrenalin is through the roof, you already have tunnel vision, you are in the dark and perhaps already injured, but mine require all the firepower I can muster, not what some idiot in a political office deems that I need.

So sorry, since it appears you have no comprehension of the problem, attempting to answer your initial question would be like a nuclear physicist attempting to describe the problems of nuclear fusion to me.

Well, here's the problem, as I see it. If all you have is one deer rifle, don't shoot competitively, have never been in an urban gunfight, have not given any thought to defending yourself, especially against multiple attackers, don't understand that all courts, in all cases, have ruled that your personal safety is not the responsibility of any law enforcement agency.

In that light, how can anyone demonstrate how many shots it takes to stop an attacker numbed by drugs, stop multiple attackers who may also be armed, why calling 911 and waiting an average wait time of 20 minutes when the average gunfight which takes less than 1 minute, you are charged by a bear while out hunting and carrying your 5 round 22lr, or even worse, someone breaks into your home and you have no idea how many people, and your kids are in separate bedrooms down the hall.

I have no idea what you think your capabilities are with your 5 or 10 round magazines when you are competing or your adrenalin is through the roof, you already have tunnel vision, you are in the dark and perhaps already injured, but mine require all the firepower I can muster, not what some idiot in a political office deems that I need.

So sorry, since it appears you have no comprehension of the problem, attempting to answer your initial question would be like a nuclear physicist attempting to describe the problems of nuclear fusion to me.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent man"

You are right, as a disabled veteran there is not much chance of my besting 2, or 3 attackers. I have taken handgun classes and competitive handgun competition events. From these I am very aware I have VERY little chance of beating the bad guys, unless I have lots of distance, in which case my scoped Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 ought do me well.

All your judgements of me really avoided telling me why you are personally one who wants a high capacity magazine, From your I have assumed it is because you are afraid of a confrontation with multiple assailants. That has nothing to do with nuclear fusion, which I am familiar with, as that is basically why I am disabled, and gain no benefit with a high capacity magazine. That you for posting.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top