JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finn Sako Model 39, Mfg 1942 during the Continuation War.

P1010273.jpg

Swede Husky Model 96/38 also mfg in 1942 and is almost like new.

Swede11.jpg

Mauser scout made up about 20 years ago.

Scout2.jpg

And I will quite for now before getting carried away.

I love milsurp guns. Nice!

I get the impression you like scopes :)

What is this?

Last Edited:
Yes it is a Desert Eagle XIX, with the 10" .357 magnum barrel and the Pride Folwler .44 magnum scope. Yes these old eyes are not what they once were. I need a scope under most conditions. The 1-4x works just fine, though I still have the 3-9X Redfield on the Winchester from back in the day. I have not used it in years. Who knows though, some 110 grain loads and I might think about some long range Coyote ambush, or some such.

I use it for shooting at Coyote at 100+ yards. I find it as accurate as my Marlin 1894C, but 2 pounds lighter. Plus it is easier for me to carry ... this is the big reason I use it.

I use it for shooting at Coyote at 100+ yards. I find it as accurate as my Marlin 1894C, but 2 pounds lighter. Plus it is easier for me to carry ... this is the big reason I use it.

What?! That's crazy. I've never heard of a pistol accurate out to 100+ yards! :)

Kel-Tec is one of my favorite companies. They make what I believe to be the most innovative weapons on the market today, and do so at a very affordable cost to us enthusiasts.

What?! That's crazy. I've never heard of a pistol accurate out to 100+ yards! :)

There was a group of us guys here in AZ back in the 1960s who were really into long range handgun shooting. Calibers used were .44, .41, .357 magnums and a Colt flat top in .45 LC . We practiced most every weekend, with cast boolits and iron sights, 4-5 hundred yards was normal range, but if a couple ranging shots could get dust up, could be extended well beyond that.

Many a jack rabbit met their doom out to 150-200+ yards. The guy that used the .45 LC Colt flat top and hot loads was the best shot, once seen him kill a deer at over 300 yards with it.

Elmer Kieth the father of long range handgun shooting, took a deer at 500 yards and was accurate with a .45 acp 1911 out to a few hundred yards. When he demostraded such for army, they were flabbergasted.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=elmer keith, the father of long range handgun shooting&oq=elmer keith, the father of long range handgun shooting&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.12...19025l34169l1l38021l45l41l0l0l0l0l1191l16155l3-2j1j6j9j3l21l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=6d299320ad9154a9&biw=960&bih=487

Man, that's incredible. Learn something new everyday :)

How's this DE 1911 working out for you?

Man, that's incredible. Learn something new everyday :)

How about 24 inch gongs at 1,000 yards with a handgun? As the man says, the biggest problem with long range handgun shooting, lies between one's ears. Practice, practice. practice, may not make one an expert, but it sure makes for improvement.

http://elmerkeithwasdeadright.blogspot.com/

What sort of bullet drop do you see out at 500 yards with say, a .357 mag? I wouldn't know where to begin.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top