JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a turbocharged engine. My guess is about $25,000 just for the engine. Not asking in a tangential way; no need for me to know. About all I know about certified aircraft engines is they're expensive as helsinki...

Engine cost is insane when you have to buy them, not so bad if you can build them yourself!
Base engine I got as a used re-builder drug seized unit with no records, no history, cost about $4000.
Engine kit cost about $18000, ( My cost, street price would be about $25,000) turbo and all accessories was about $11,000, and rebuilt prop was $4,500
Worth about $55,000 and makes 390 to 440 HP and 700+ Pounds torque!
Weighs 320 pounds, about 90 pounds less then stock, and 8 pounds more then a 4 cylinder with half the power. Pulls just over 2300 pounds of thrust with this prop, which is almost the max permissible weight of the plane! Burns about 8.6 gallons of fuel per hour at cruise power, and up to 18 gallons at full power!

I have made a lot of Leftist cry. Then they snitch which ends with me ban off the sight. I once went to one of obama's snitch sights. Their barging about the number of people they had snitched on that day I had to join to put my blog up and knew it would be my last. Never had I seen so many pathetic losers in my life. The next civil war no prisoners!

Engine cost is insane when you have to buy them, not so bad if you can build them yourself!
Base engine I got as a used re-builder drug seized unit with no records, no history, cost about $4000.
Engine kit cost about $18000, ( My cost, street price would be about $25,000) turbo and all accessories was about $11,000, and rebuilt prop was $4,500
Worth about $55,000 and makes 390 to 440 HP and 700+ Pounds torque!
Weighs 320 pounds, about 90 pounds less then stock, and 8 pounds more then a 4 cylinder with half the power. Pulls just over 2300 pounds of thrust with this prop, which is almost the max permissible weight of the plane! Burns about 8.6 gallons of fuel per hour at cruise power, and up to 18 gallons at full power!
How many feet does it take you to take off and land?

Don't know yet, should be a plane length each way, likely a lot shorter on the landing! :cool:
The current one does a 21 foot take off in zero wind, and lands in about 10 feet or less no wind, best was 3 feet into a 10 knot head wind!

Don't know yet, should be a plane length each way, likely a lot shorter on the landing! :cool:
The current one does a 21 foot take off in zero wind, and lands in about 10 feet or less no wind, best was 3 feet into a 10 knot head wind!
That is great. My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII and when younger did a lot of flying. He was also a stunt pilot and I learned to never fly with him in a WWII fighter. He is the reason they hang cables under all the bridges in the Bay Area

if your in Tucson, I am semi-retired A&P, if you need assistance..

IMG_0343.JPG

Thanks guys!
Yea, those tubing clusters are a bugger, I have done it and seen it done, even with all the tricks and best tools, it's still a ton of work!
I need to replace several tubes on the firewall, move the engine 4 inches back, which puts the alternator and ignition inside the cockpit, I need to make weight and balance with it! Oddly enough, it's lighter then a stock IO-390, it's the length and width I need to contend with!

That is great. My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII and when younger did a lot of flying. He was also a stunt pilot and I learned to never fly with him in a WWII fighter. He is the reason they hang cables under all the bridges in the Bay Area
I understand. My dad got into the F-80 jet fighter right after WWII and and then into F-86's. He said he flew under the Golden Gate and then, 'Put pedal to the metal' as he rushed to get out of range of anyone trying to get his tail number, as that was frowned upon, and could result in a serious problem.

I never knew they put cables under the bridges to prevent this, but it sure makes sense.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top