So where can you shoot in Arizona?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by soulrider, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mikeallensr

mikeallensr
    Tucson AZ

Oh Sorry I completely forgot. Can anyone help me fill out and ATF form 1? I'm having problems with the format or autofill. Doesn't seem to work. And what Blocks need to be filled in and some of the places what to check. The yes no answers I get and can answer no to all the legal ones. It's some of the other blocks I don't get what they're getting at. And What's a trust? Can't I just as and individual file the form for the gun and suppressor I want to make. And yes I understand they are filed separately. Heck with my budget that's two or three months in between filings.

2. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

Well if you're done with your off the subject rant, I guess you're talking about the place south of Green Valley near the test stops? If so; its private property. It used to be a place where human traffickers (coyotes) would stop to try and find lone individuals to relieve them of their weapons. The place was trashed with washing machines, dryers, etc. and was often populated by Yahoo!'s who didn't know about gun safety, knowing what was beyond their target etc. the area was within a few hundred yards from the I19 Freeway, which was totally illegal. Sure the point of aim was to the WEST of the road, but there had been MANY complaints from regulators.
    I don't know why it's locked, but I'm not surprised. Given your rant, I hope this answers your questions. If not, take it as a light history of a NEARBY place that could happen anywhere people don't play by the rules

3. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

BTW, JUST to set the record straight, I'm not a whiny bubblegum liberal. I,m a very ticked off conservative who used to shoot there often until the mutton headed self-privileged PATRIOTS ruined it for every body else. Or at least that appears to be what happened!!!

4. billt

billt
    Glendale, Arizona

Can anyone with experience shooting there, tell me about Adair Park Shooting Range near Yuma? I hear you can shoot out to 1,000 yards there?? I also heard that equipment is slim to none. (Target boards, benches, etc.). I would like to get the facts on it, along with what I would need to bring. I'm thinking long range shooting with my .50 BMG here.

5. 1jayC

1jayC
    Tucson

"Why do I have to pay to shoot". Well, the wild west is basically gone. Check out Tucson Rifle Club. The range is in 3 Points. 30 min. or so from Tucson. Plenty of opportunities to shoot on various ranges. Out to 1000ft. 60 bucks annual membership for you and spouse. Off hours, mid week you may have an entire range to yourself. I have more than once. No range officers. Actually trust shooters to use common sense and control ceasefire times.

6. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

The BLM has lifted the fire/shooting restrictions - so our desert shooting areas are once again open.

I went out this morning, set up my EZ-Up and enjoyed a nice cool day out shooting in the slightly sprinkling/misting air. My shooting partner and I had the entire desert to ourselves. Not another person in sight. No other gunfire to be heard. NOBODY out there. NOW we can get back to our moving and shooting drills that we enjoy. They really frown on that at the indoor ranges. LOL Shooting in the dim lighted conditions of indoors was probably good for me, but I hate standing in a static spot and only shooting at a single target. We set-up 6 targets to fire on while moving, and all of them at different distances or spacing. LOVE the challenge.

Get out there and shoot!!!!!!!!

1jayC likes this.