So where can you shoot in Arizona?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by soulrider, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Ambiguous

Ambiguous
    Gilbert AZ

The "small" range you refer to is probably Rio Salda gun club. The public can use a range for $10 all day. Targets can be set out to 200 yds and the have steel gongs at 310yds. Safety Strictly enforced. Phoenix Rod & Gun club has public shooting satuday and sunday mornings $10. They have IDPA shoots twice a week.

MadDuner likes this.
  2. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

Just also remember that BLM land will be closed to shooting very soon, as in before the 4th of July holiday weekend. Not sure when it'll open back up again - but they seem to close it off every year to avoid fires when the desert gets dry and sun-scorched due to consistent high temps and no rain.

3. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

Just following up....
    BLM land in AZ is now closed to shooting or campfires. NO SHOOTING signs are posted.
    We went to Casa Grande range today.... along with pretty much everybody else that went to their desert spot and found no shooting signs. LOL

4. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Moderator Staff Member

That's too bad. Any idea if it was due to irresponsible shooting, the mess, etc?

Thanks for posting the reminder!

5. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

Once you got past the washing machine, and the ricochets coming over the hill, the amount of brass not picked up could have been melted into several monkeys. The place was a pig sty, never cleaned up and full of idiots who didn't follow safe practices. Used to be a good place, not recently!

6. armoredman

armoredman
    Arizona

Slobs have ruined many wildcat ranges. Madduner, if you had gone Sunday you could have shot the BREN and the P-10C.

7. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

Oh that figures! Hahaha

One thing I did figure out while there saturday..... I will probably shoot in the afternoons there - instead of staring into the morning sun. I also couldn't help but notice all the people shooting just south of the range. No signs are posted, so it must not be BLM land?

8. armoredman

armoredman
    Arizona

I asked CG Parks and Rec people about expanding the range and they said the southern border is a far as it goes, because that's private land. No idea who's out there, but in the few years I've been here they never bothered me. :)