JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel sorry for people who have to drive a "fur piece" to shoot. I moved from the Northern Shenandoah Valley in Virginia to a small desert town in Nevada just to have place to shoot this big target rifle about which I dreamed and eventually built. Things were great between September 2004 when I got here until November 2018. We elected a Vegas thug who demands under-the-table payments to issue building permits, easements or variances, et cetera. Our State Legislature is all Tyranny-crats now, too. If Carson City begins to stick California-style firearms laws up our assets, I'll pull my stakes and head to Utah. I love Nevada, but I also love my Liberty to own my various firearms. The beauty of federalism is that I can move to preserve that Liberty.

I was fortunate to live close to a site that was managed by the Oregon Dept. of Forestry and frequented by a lot of NWFA members who took very good care of the place. Sure, we had the twits and tools show up there and trash the place from time to time but we took care of that as well.

We just moved to Arizona in February and, fnally, we are fully settled in and my firearms are starting to demand some time on the range. I'll do some indoor pistol (.22LR & .45ACP) shooting this summer. Eventually, though, I'll want to break out the larger calibers with longer barrels and use those.

I understand that it's hard to find outdoor places to shoot these days but I hope to start finding and using some spots this Fall.

It's been a while since I last posted. This past Summer my wife and I sold our home in Glendale, and bought one in Lake Havasu City. Since then I joined the Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club here. It's a fantastic range that has rifle, (out to 300 yards), Pistol, Trap, Skeet, and 5-Stand Sporting Clays. It's a fantastic place to shoot.

It's very friendly and a single membership, (member & spouse), is only $75.00 @ year. It's located in Sara Park, just as you come into town from the south. There are also nice ranges in both Kingman, (Mohave Sportsman's Club), and Ft. Mohave, (Tri-State Shooting Park), off Boundary Cone Rd. in Ft. Mohave. The Kingman club has a very nice 1,000 yard range.

The Shotgun ranges here in Lake Havasu have been closed because of Corona. But I'm hoping they'll open soon so I can smash some more clay before it gets too hot.

I realize the original posting may need some updating. My old neighbor complains many of the indoor ranges are closed or operations restricted due to the CDC warning.

When I lived in Buckeye, I would go to the Joe Foss Shooting Complex. A great bunch of folks there and the daily fee was very reasonable.

Does anyone know about a range, I think indoor for pistol on E. Irvington Road, east of Houghton? Kind of the corner of Irvington and Nebraska.
I can hear shooting during the day from my property on the other side of the Pantano Wash. According to Google maps this place is about 4600 feet to the west of my land. It is right behind a housing development. I asked a County Sheriff if it was a police range and he said he was unaware of any ranges north of the freeway. I would drive in but there is a sign on the street that indicates visitors are not welcome. A lot like the sign I have on my land. I know how I greet unknown vehicles. No good reason to piss them off in my mind.

I've been a member of the Mohave Sportsman Club almost every year since I moved to Kingman 19 years ago. It's a world class range owned by the game and fish department and managed by the sportsman club. I would like to meet some like minded people nearby to go shooting with.

Hello, lived in Green Valley about a year now, just bought a 12 gauge and don't want to have to drive more than 30 min to function test it. If anyone knows a spot out in the middle of no where or something please help me out. Thanks

I've been a member of the Mohave Sportsman Club almost every year since I moved to Kingman 19 years ago. It's a world class range owned by the game and fish department and managed by the sportsman club. I would like to meet some like minded people nearby to go shooting with.

I'm right down the road from you in Lake Havasu. I belong to the Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club. Back when we lived here in the 90's we used to shoot at the Mohave Sportsman's Club. In fact I still have a Trap card from there I haven't used up yet. Now they have the Tri-State's Shooting Park over the hill from you. Some of the guys from there come down here to shoot in some of our matches and trap shoots. That place looks like a really nice range.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top