JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand the basis for this forum is regional SW United States, but I do frequent quite a few other gun forums with a national audience. Some of you may know me from those, but have been coy in saying it out-loud.

I've been perusing the "Fer Sail" forums a little. A few trinkets and do-dads have caught my eye, but I was hesitant thus far to reach out to the sellers as I see "FTF" requirements in a few.

So to my question: How many of you would be comfortable doing parts & pieces transactions from a site member from the deep south . . . . . ?

Let's start a dialog.

Z

I've had two transactions with folks far removed from my location; neither of them were through this site. One was for AR parts that I sold for $200. I sent the parts before he sent the money. He was good to his word and sent the money order a day or so after I'd sent the parts. No problem. The second was me sending two dummies of my mildcat rounds in exchange for twenty bucks. The recipient never sent to me the promised cash. I went to that very same website a few days ago and looked around after having been banned in Fall 2013, I think it was. He to whom I sent the dummies has also been banned. It's been so long since he stiffed me, the "Statute of Limitations" (aka my disgust with liars and thieves) in my mind has expired. I'm the better man because I trusted another-- versus making the effort to steal from another. My dad taught me at the end of his 48" belt that I was not to lie and not to steal. Of all the things he taught me fifty-some years ago, those two are of the most important to me today.

Last Edited:
I've had two transactions with folks far removed from my location; neither of them were through this site. One was for AR parts that I sold for $200. I sent the parts before he sent the money. He was good to his word and sent the money order a day or so after I'd sent the parts. No problem. The second was me sending two dummies of my mildcat rounds in exchange for twenty bucks. The recipient never sent to me the promised cash. I went to that very same website a few days ago and looked around after having been banned in Fall 2013, I think it was. He to whom I sent the dummies has also been banned. It's been so long since he stiffed me, the "Statute of Limitations" (aka my disgust with liars and thieves) in my mind has expired. I'm the better man because I trusted another-- versus making the effort to steal from another. My dad taught me at the end of his 48" belt that I was not to lie and not to steal. Of all the things he taught me fifty-some years ago, those two are of the most important to me today.

Usually, when I see something I can use, I will send PayPal payment to the seller, fees paid by me (if any), to complete my end with expediency.

No waiting a week for the payment to NOT show up, then have to go through the hassle of relisting an item everyone thought was sold.

On a different forum that I am on...
I have bought , sold , traded and been gifted by , out of state members.

Shipping can be a hassle...so I have to really want or need that item.
Here in Washington , we need to pay tax on a used item , like a used firearm , even if a private transaction...
I had to do that on a straight across trade...again that is a hassle...

I do try to have deals with folks that I have been in contact with before , so I can say that I kinda of 'know" them...well as much as one can 'know" someone from a forum conversation....

For me its the pain in the posterior of shipping and potential paying of tax for a private sale that is my biggest issue with forum transactions.
Andy

Here in Washington , we need to pay tax on a used item , like a used firearm , even if a private transaction...
I had to do that on a straight across trade...again that is a hassle...

For me its the pain in the posterior of shipping and potential paying of tax for a private sale that is my biggest issue with forum transactions.
Andy

There is a provision in the WA state tax code where, if trade of like items is equal in value, no use tax is required. If the value of the like item you are receiving is greater than the item you are trading, you would be responsible for use tax on the difference. I have a letter from WA State to this effect and provided a copy to my FFL along with a written trade agreement for their records. Not a FFLs are open to this though so check with them first. I used to buy/sell/trade high end 1911s and outrageously priced ARs in WA State and saved a ton..

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top