JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No I didn't find any. The horders had cleaned the shelf. I hoped they paid 4 times the price. Will they ever buy any when the price is low and the stock is up? No they wold rather pay triple the price and who knows what they do with them when they get home. I found a web page Primers And Pressure that said I could use small rifle primers or small magnum primers if I stay with a light load but it also said for heavy caliber as.45 .357 and 9 mm. Now I have used small primers in place of magnum but never the other way around. So what ya say yea of nay?

primmers.png

The problem with Small Rifle Primers is that they are taller than pistol primers so they will protrude from the shallower primer pocket in pistol cases. If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse nearby, they indicate they have some SP and SPM primers in stock on their website.

No I didn't find any. The horders had cleaned the shelf. I hoped they paid 4 times the price. Will they ever buy any when the price is low and the stock is up? No they wold rather pay triple the price and who knows what they do with them when they get home. I found a web page Primers And Pressure that said I could use small rifle primers or small magnum primers if I stay with a light load but it also said for heavy caliber as.45 .357 and 9 mm. Now I have used small primers in place of magnum but never the other way around. So what ya say yea of nay?

You can use Small Rifle Primers in place of small pistol primers, the major difference between the two is cup thickness. If you have cut firing pin springs, or some other retarded SASS modification to your gun you may not have enough power to set the primers off. Other than that, they do work fine.

Now, large primers are a different ball of wax, you cannot switch between Large Rifle and Large Pistol, the heights are different enough to matter. You could in theory get away with using Large Pistol in a Large Rifle Cartridge, but expect primer pierces. The one exception to this is certain cartridges for pistols that are made from rifle brass. .44 Automag comes to mind, however, this is probably not helpful for 99.8% of people.

Must also point out that you cannot use small PISTOL in a RIFLE case - the thinner cup is very likely to puncture and blow debris back at you. I wish I could find some small rifle...ran out...

SPP, will be like searching for chicken teeth, vendors are barely getting a trickle of a supply, most are earmarked for the ammo vendors, and the imports are slow to arrive and get distributed, we can all hope, just glad i stocked very deep.
best to all on the hunt
Rj

View attachment 8392
I have changed some of my 9mm loads and used a magnum primer but I also used a slower burning powder. So yes it's possible to do and it takes some test rounds to find out what's going to work.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top