JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been to this area in quite a while, it's always covered in garbage as much as I haul away people leave more, and IIRC, it's technically closed, people keep shooting there as no one enforces the rules.

South of Vegas; looks to be about halfway between Vegas and Jean. I can see this place getting busy on weekends. When a place gets busy, so often we will see idiots out there who know very little about guns. That's when it's time to pack-up and head home. I am fortunate to live where there is plenty of land upon which to shoot. I have one place where I more than likely will not see another person the entire time I'm out there. I moved from Virginia to Nevada in Fall 2004 for exactly such a blessing...

9.3 miles north of Jean...

Last Edited:
. . . the place is a mess.
There was a place tight up against I-80W that had been a shootin' place for years. You'd see dozens of cars and trucks out there every weekend. Lots of trash left behind, too. The State closed it several years ago and policed-up all the trash. There's a gate across the access road to it now. I never shot there because I didn't see where I could lay down a 500-yard shot. There was a place there but the shot was uphill, and who wants to walk 500 yards up a 50-foot (or more) incline to change targets? I'm old, fat and like to walk on level ground...

39 35 24.08 N 119 25 43.41 W

Copy and Paste those coordinates straight into the search bar on GoogleEarth.

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top