Our update this morning added a couple features and made some changes that I wanted to let all of you know about. Feel free to post your questions here and if you see any bugs please let me know!
- Redeveloped New page.
- The New Posts page still works as it did before. With the default filter set only unread threads will be displayed (new threads, threads which were recently replied to, and bumped classified ads). Members can change this behavior by using the filters menu and saving their preference. For example, those who don't want classifieds included can watch all sections they want to appear on the New Posts page then set their filter preference to display only threads in watched forums.
- The Summary page has been replaced with a "New Classifieds" page. Classifieds are listed in order of their creation date (bumps and replies are ignored). While this still isn't considered 'done', it should be much more useful. Classifieds are still mixed in on the New Posts page, we're still looking for an easy way to filter them out (some of you requested this ability).
- New Posts and New Classifieds now refresh automatically. Members have the ability to set refresh interval or disable.
- Removed search ID's from New Posts page and New Classifieds page URL's, allowing members to bookmark these pages properly.
- Redeveloped thread sidebar block, re-adding Popular Thread and Unanswered Thread tabs.
- Recent - New threads and threads which have new replies.
- New - New threads in order of creation date.
- Popular - Threads created within the past 30 days which have the most replies.
- Unanswered - Threads without any replies.
- Added ability to bookmark members.
- Members may now bookmark other members using the bookmark icon on the member tooltip or member profile page (to the right of the Ignore button). This feature is extremely useful for keeping notes about other members. Bookmarks can also be organized through the use of tags.
- For those of you who haven't used the bookmark feature, the icon looks like this. You can view and manage your bookmarks by clicking your username and clicking the Bookmarks tab or by clicking the link in your account menu. This feature isn't well-documented but it's easy to use and can be used for threads, posts, and many other types of content here. We will be updating the help section soon.
- Made various improvements to Keyword Alert feature.
- Reformatted page to better display multiple keywords within a keyword set.
- Changed phrasing to make features clearer for members.
- Added color to keyword alert keyword links.
- For those of you who haven't used the keyword alert feature, you're missing out! Set keywords and receive near-instant alerts as soon as they're posted, either site-wide or in the sections of your choosing. I use this to monitor the classifieds for things I'm looking for. This feature can be accessed by clicking the link in your account menu. This feature isn't well-documented but it's easy to use. We will be updating the help section soon.
- Restyled classified ad list pages for medium devices.
- Primarily tablets and larger phones. Removed latest info blocks to provide more room for relevant classified ad information.
- Disabled profile post system.
- Added anchor and jumplink BBCODE's to improve styling of large index threads (advanced feature, still in progress).
- Added New Classifieds link to Classifieds menu.
- Redeveloped New Classifieds sidebar widget, now hides locked ads.
- Added anchor links and navigation to glossary of terms to aid in navigation.
- Added feedback to member postbits within conversations.
- Sub-navigation link row now stuck when scrolling (these are the small links below the larger navigation tabs).
- Improved style of the
inline codeBBCODE to indicate user selections (menu's, buttons, etc) when assisting members.
- Removed small bookmark icons to clean up UI.
- Removed registration CTA banner from registration pages (they're already registering).
- Added color to registration page links.
- Added color to transactional email links.
- Increased space between member tooltip action buttons.
- Increased space between user banners and updated styling.
- Changed alignment and spacing of filter bar filters.
- Changed size and styling of forum aggregation settings button.
- Changed color and styling of keyword alerts add keyword button.
- Improved formatting of thread list filter button on mobile devices.