JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my new (to me, but never fired) Sig Sauer P365 to the range this morning. After hearing how great they were, I had high hopes. Reality, however, doesn't align with high hopes.

To me, the gun is just too snappy. I was using 115 grain target ammunition - no +P or +P+. Many people have said they love the accuracy - I did not have their experience. Perhaps I need to put more rounds through it, but as of now, I am just not too impressed with it. It will be an absolute emergency, no other choice backup firearm for now.

The pluses are the size, weight, and functionality. I only put 48 rounds through it, but it had no issues with feeding, firing, or ejecting.

I really need to find someone who will let me fire their Kimber Micro 9 or Glock 43/26, so that I can see how they compare to the P365. Maybe it would help to use subsonic ammunition, but that stuff is ridiculously overpriced.

Back in 2018 Hickok45 did a youtube review of the p365 and compared size, etc to some of the guns you're interested in too. Hickok put 200 rounds through his demo P365 before he filmed the review, so give yourself more opportunities to get acquainted with your newest handgun.

My range buddy got a P365 shortly after they were released and let me handle it a bit. I have a Walther PPS40 which fits my hand like the P365 and it is a fine but punishing shooter. It is a great carry gun but isn't a range gun.

I suspect the Sig P365 will be a comfort, like my PPS40, if and when we'd need to use them to save our life.

Last Edited:
When I had my P365 it was a joy to shoot for me. I've heard some say it's snappy but a lot of it has to do with what you're used to shooting. My concern was the snapped firing pins, that one for me made me put it in the safe and later trade it away.

I picked up a box of sub sonic ammunition yesterday and went to the range this morning. With the sub sonic stuff, the firearm is more controllable. So, it gets a reprieve - for now. I am going to purchase some 165 sub sonic ammunition to try out. The heavier bullet should leave the barrel more slowly, so muzzle flip should be reduced (that's the theory, anyway).

I have tried 150 grain subsonics a couple of times now, but I am still not 100% pleased with this firearm. I am not getting the accuracy that I am expecting.
However, I am thinking that it may be the sights. My P320 has night sights, but they are 3 white dots and I do well with that pistol. The P365 has a green front dot, but the rear dots are dark. I might look into getting different sights for it to see if it helps.

The P365 is dam-ned small. The larger pistol is a P320; the smaller a P365. Folks with big hands may have trouble getting a good grip on it, but my guess is a bullet sent forward at a soft target who so dearly needs it is gonna really hurt upon impact...

P320 vs P365 - reduced.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top