JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you implying a Para 1911 is useless or something to laugh at or is that directed to someone else? I don't see Para being as big of a choice among competition shooting if they're worthless. I trust mine with my life and carry it daily. I've had problems with the 44 Desert Eagle and even owned a Baby Eagle in 45 but I'll take my P-14 Limited any day over either Eagles. Again maybe I'm wrong but I would never make such an unfounded statement.

He was referring to another post in ref the .22 Ruger Bearcat revolver.

Are you implying a Para 1911 is useless or something to laugh at or is that directed to someone else? I don't see Para being as big of a choice among competition shooting if they're worthless. I trust mine with my life and carry it daily. I've had problems with the 44 Desert Eagle and even owned a Baby Eagle in 45 but I'll take my P-14 Limited any day over either Eagles. Again maybe I'm wrong but I would never make such an unfounded statement.

I was talking about my little Ruger Bearcat.

Since this is the "Show us your guns" thread.....

Here's a pair of Ruger P85s that came home with me on the same day - 30+ years ago.

<broken image removed>

Can you tell which one has had 200 rounds through it and which one has had 45,000 rounds through it? LOL
The "worn" one has gone more desert motorcycle, three-wheeler, quad and side-by-side miles with me than any of my firearms. Somewhere along the way I trained it to put the projectiles where I thought I was aiming it. Somewhere around 40k rounds it decided to be picky about ammo. The extractor spring had finally gotten tired. Fixed that and it's as good as new! The "low mileage" P85 sits next to the Hi-Power in the safe - staying pretty. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's a pair of Ruger P85s that came home with me on the same day - 30+ years ago.

<broken image removed>

Can you tell which one has had 200 rounds through it and which one has had 45,000 rounds through it? LOL
The "worn" one has gone more desert motorcycle, three-wheeler, quad and side-by-side miles with me than any of my firearms. Somewhere along the way I trained it to put the projectiles where I thought I was aiming it. Somewhere around 40k rounds it decided to be picky about ammo. The extractor spring had finally gotten tired. Fixed that and it's as good as new! The "low mileage" P85 sits next to the Hi-Power in the safe - staying pretty. LOL

Those P series Rugers are great guns. My first semi auto pistol was a P89 I bought back in 94. Great gun to shoot, smooth, easy to control, but bulky and heavy, certainly not the ideal carry gun. All that said, they are reliable and a worthy addition to any collection.

For having 45,000 rounds and lots of miles on her, she looks great!

<broken image removed>

Sorry I get confused easily. I had posted a pic of my paras and I've heard a lot of 1911 ppl refer to them as barely ordnance and so on. I saw a Johnny Boy model heritage and thought what a good gun for my son to start with and pass on. Here it is along with my tribute to my son. image.jpg image.jpg BTW sorry for mix up that post showed right under my Para Pics I posted which was far below the bearcat pic. I did realize the intended purpose of the thread. In regards to the P89s I had a P95 stolen from my hotel room up in a small town called Strawberry AZ. It was found in a small stream days later. It had a stainless slide and frame was polymer. Deputy Doofus told me it was worthless(it did sound and feel gritty straight from the creek) yet he offered me $100 for it. I respectfully declined and broke it down WD-40 a good cleaning and some lube she was back in business. Only the sights and a couple small parts that had been stained started to rust. I never had a malfunction with that gun. $100 yeah right I only LOOK stupid.

Those are excellent semi's. My first was a P89DC, around '92/3; first semi-automatic pistol. Knew of at least one LE that had one as a service tool.

<broken image removed>

P series are great! Ya know, Rugers, tend to work and work and work! :D
I finally bought a Ruger that I didn't like.
I picked up a new Ruger American Pistol in 9mm.
The ergonomics didn't fit my hands and the back corners of the thing rubbed holes in me. I traded it off for another Canik TP9-SF. Those Caniks shoot amazingly well, especially for the price. They have a pretty good trigger from the factory and are balanced pretty well. I went out shooting with a few guys and those things would consistently bang the steel target (10"x12" plate) at 100 yds!!! They saw me shooting a handgun, but figured somebody else was hitting the steel from somewhere else. LOL

I love my Canik SF you can't beat that thing especially for $350.

What are the Canik's going for in Arizona?
They are going for $325 here.
I got all excited about the TP9-SFX that was supposed to come out a year ago after it was introduced at the Shot Show, but none ever showed up on the market. They still show it on their website, but you can't get one....yet.

They are going for $325 here.
I got all excited about the TP9-SFX that was supposed to come out a year ago after it was introduced at the Shot Show, but none ever showed up on the market. They still show it on their website, but you can't get one....yet.

Whats the SFX? is that the one with the threaded barrel? I heard they are coming out with a threaded barrel for the SF. That would be cool.

<broken image removed>

With the popularity of 'battle worn' finishes now days the one with 45,000 rounds is probably more valuable now :D

I finally bought a Ruger that I didn't like.
I picked up a new Ruger American Pistol in 9mm.
The ergonomics didn't fit my hands and the back corners of the thing rubbed holes in me. I traded it off for another Canik TP9-SF. Those Caniks shoot amazingly well, especially for the price. They have a pretty good trigger from the factory and are balanced pretty well. I went out shooting with a few guys and those things would consistently bang the steel target (10"x12" plate) at 100 yds!!! They saw me shooting a handgun, but figured somebody else was hitting the steel from somewhere else. LOL

I love my Canik SF you can't beat that thing especially for $350.

What are the Canik's going for in Arizona?

I've been hearing a lot about these lately. Sounds like it'd be worth $350 to see what people are talking about.

Last Edited:
With the popularity of 'battle worn' finishes now days the one with 45,000 rounds is probably more valuable now :D

I've been hearing a lot about these lately. Sounds like it'd be worth $350 to see what people are talking about.

I owned an earlier Canik, it was definitely a lot of gun for the $. I've thought about getting one again some day. The newer models are intriguing.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top