JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like that a lot! That would be a great rifle to put in your get home bag or bug out bag. Would be a great compliment to your carry piece in almost any situation. I'm betting it is accurate as heck. Have you had the opportunity to shoot it yet?

I like that a lot! That would be a great rifle to put in your get home bag or bug out bag. Would be a great compliment to your carry piece in almost any situation. I'm betting it is accurate as heck. Have you had the opportunity to shoot it yet?

Nope, just got it out of layaway a few days ago. It will probably be a few weeks before I can get out to the range and try it out.

It's a cool little pistol carbine. Yes, it can break down - you can remove the barrel, without tools, in under 10 seconds. It would easily fit in a pack. Would be a great truck gun too. See the photo below to see what it can break down to.

I bought it ready to go for .40SW, but the gun is easily convertible to other calibers. With the lower I have, I can convert to 9mm with just a new barrel, bolts and 9mm mags - or .357 sig with just a new barrel. For 10mm or .45acp, you have to swap the lower - the bolt I have is good for 10mm, so add the barrel and G20 mags, it's ready to go. For .45acp, G21 mags plus barrel and bolt. I love the idea of a gun that can shoot multiple calibers - I guess I got that from the ammo shortages back in 2013-14 - if it happens again, I want to be able to shoot whatever I can get my hands on at the time.

View attachment 525

I was wondering what the deal was with these, now I see their strengths. This is especially cool because I carry a Glock 19. What did it cost?

I was wondering what the deal was with these, now I see their strengths. This is especially cool because I carry a Glock 19. What did it cost?

I got mine from Bud's, put it on layaway at the end of December. Price at that time was $638.00, but just checking, they've gone up to $699.00. You can buy direct from TNW for $799 as I recall. I thought the $638 price was decent and was the best price I've found on them - not a lot of folks stock them.

I'm anxious to get it to the range and try it out!

I got mine from Bud's, put it on layaway at the end of December. Price at that time was $638.00, but just checking, they've gone up to $699.00. You can buy direct from TNW for $799 as I recall. I thought the $638 price was decent and was the best price I've found on them - not a lot of folks stock them.

I'm anxious to get it to the range and try it out!

I bet! That's not a bad price at all, considering how modular it is. Be sure to keep us updated :)

Just for the sake of clarity, you do have to pay extra for those other parts to do caliber changes, but they are, in my mind, reasonably priced. Those you do have to buy directly from TNW.

I couldn't imagine they'd be included at that price point. That'd be a bargain!

I couldn't imagine they'd be included at that price point. That'd be a bargain!

The barrels run $125, the bolt heads $54 and if you need the other lower (which I've already purchased), it's $149. Having both lowers on hand, I can cover all the calibers with regard to lowers. I have the proper bolt head for .40/10mm and .357sig, just need the barrels for those. For 9mm, I'll need the bolt head and barrel. And for .45, I'll need the bolt head and barrel. I'll plan on adding that stuff down the road, assuming it shoots well, of course.

Here is a link to their table of parts for caliber changes - just click on any listed part to see the price:

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/Articles.asp?ID=258

4" wheels; workhorses of the LE community back in the day: SW 586-8, 686(+)-5, Colt King Cobra. IMG_6871.jpg

I love my para ordnance limited p-14 despite the bad reputation I've seen follow these. Is it just the fact para improved(IMO) the 1911 platform by developing the first double stack models that rubbed the purists wrong? I know others have followed(STI,RIA,etc) but according to my research para was the first. Oh and btw that is one of the Canadian models but I also have a para USA black ops 14.45 and again despite all I've heard about quality going down when para(RIP BTW) moved their factory here BOTH my guns run great. I don't believe in too much firepower only not enough or EXTRA! Sorry for the run on sentence. I will share more of my "family pics" soon. This thread is very similar to a project I have in mind. I'm pro2a all the way so you've got my support.

Here's the ultimate in home defense right here. Massive .22 firepower in a small package. I can almost get my finger in front of the trigger without it going off.

Ruger Bearcat.

<broken image removed>

Absolutely worthless for anything other than something to laugh at occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my para ordnance limited p-14 despite the bad reputation I've seen follow these. Is it just the fact para improved(IMO) the 1911 platform by developing the first double stack models that rubbed the purists wrong? I know others have followed(STI,RIA,etc) but according to my research para was the first. Oh and btw that is one of the Canadian models but I also have a para USA black ops 14.45 and again despite all I've heard about quality going down when para(RIP BTW) moved their factory here BOTH my guns run great. I don't believe in too much firepower only not enough or EXTRA! Sorry for the run on sentence. I will share more of my "family pics" soon. This thread is very similar to a project I have in mind. I'm pro2a all the way so you've got my support.

I've got a Canadian made P14.45 limited as well. One of my favorite handguns. The thing just shoots so darn well, it easily out shoots me.

J
Here's the ultimate in home defense right here. Massive .22 firepower in a small package. I can almost get my finger in front of the trigger without it going off.

Ruger Bearcat.

<broken image removed>

Absolutely worthless for anything other than something to laugh at occasionally.

LOL!!! I'm well over 6' and weigh closer to 300 than 200, but I've got these ridiculously tiny hands! The little Bearcat fits perfectly! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've owned a few Para 1911's (one currently, an Expert Commander). No issues with any of them, they were great guns.

These types of guns are usually the most fun though! (my Desert Eagle for example)

Are you implying a Para 1911 is useless or something to laugh at or is that directed to someone else? I don't see Para being as big of a choice among competition shooting if they're worthless. I trust mine with my life and carry it daily. I've had problems with the 44 Desert Eagle and even owned a Baby Eagle in 45 but I'll take my P-14 Limited any day over either Eagles. Again maybe I'm wrong but I would never make such an unfounded statement.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top