JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's mine, Gentlemen.

IMG_20190629_0936134_rewind.jpg

Those are all real Nice!

Is the one in the holster a cartridge conversion?
Yes is it! I have a pair of them actually, and even carry them when the mood strikes!
Can choot standard .45 Colt just fine, and can handle a little more then the typical cowboy loads, just about the modern equivalent of .44 special!
The Ruger is the beast ( i also carry a pair) and the Rugers are factory specials with conversion cylinders thay can choot full zoot .44 Magnum! They are unbeatable for power and accuracy in a classic single action pistol!

Stainless Taurus M608 that locks-up between cylinders when operated from the trigger. I haven't shot the thing in about twelve years, so I do not remember if cocking it single-action will also lock it up. Gave it away almost two years ago; couldn't now care what it does or doesn't do...

Love that stainless Old Army. FINE-lookin holster for it! Always carried mine in a flap, which was a bit slow on the draw but protected the revolver from sticks and dirt when I carried it for hunting.
Someday I may find a stainless with the shorter barrel. The OA is hard to beat in a BP revolver, IMO...
Now I carry two Uberti 1858's, when in a black powder mood.

Last Edited:
Love that stainless Old Army. FINE-lookin holster for it! Always carried mine in a flap, which was a bit slow on the draw but protected the revolver from sticks and dirt when I carried it for hunting.
Someday I may find a stainless with the shorter barrel. The OA is hard to beat in a BP revolver, IMO...
Now I carry two Uberti 1858's, when in a black powder mood.
That Old Army has been modded out pretty slick, she is one of the finest shootin irons I have ever shot. We deepened the cylinder, and fly cut it below the mean depth of a loaded 250 gr. conical, which increased the power charge by 8 grains, enough to make it VERY close to .44 Mag. the front sight is now fitted with a tritium insert, and the rear blade is the target model from Ruger. The Action was slicked up, and that trigger pull takes your breath away! She is very fast to clear leather and get on target, especially for how big she is, and is more accurate then I would have thought a Black Powder pistol could ever be!
I actually carry it in a cross draw holster now days, right in line with my belly to belt line, it's quite comfortable and very easy to draw, and the retention is quite good! Lots of folks who don't know their history laugh at the thought of carrying a Black Powder Pistol, that's just fine by me, our ancestors got on just fine carrying these back in the days when that was considered high tech! I guess some folks think Guns didn't even exist before 9 mm came along and saved the world!

I am also looking at a double cross rig for the Uberti's, always thought that would be a cool way to carry a pair, my normal cross draw works pretty slick as it is, but to get them up off my hips would be real nice! I don't know what it is, but I just naturally found cross draw easier and faster for me for some reason, I tried standard, and couldn't get it to work for me at all!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top