JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not disagreeing with you my friend. I will take my 308 battle rifle for sure but the 5.56 is a great get home light weight truck option. When I get my 300 blk pistol built i will switch to it.
Run it with your 30 Mag Clip... :p
Mag clip.jpg

I've read the whole purpose of the 5.56 was to injure, thus taking 2-3 men out of the fight as they'd then have to carry the injured soldier to safety. Any truth to it?

I think I remember hearing this from some FUDD when I was about 9-12 years old. The object of military action is to break your adversary's will or his ability to fight, Sherman did this to dramatic effect during the FACW. The idea that you can damage your enemy's logistics by making them take care of a wounded comrad might have come up at a staff meeting in the white house during the vietnam war, but was never a principle design of the 5.56 cartridge. The 5.56 was designed to have the killing power of a .30 cal, in the 0-300yd range, because it was pointless to carry a bigger gun as you wouldn't be engaging enemies further away than this. This has largely been true for US military's engagements in vietnam and since, with the exception of Afghanistan. But still no one wants to carry a .308 caliber rifle due to size and weight of the system.

Personally, I will always trade mobility for firepower and even sometimes for protection. You spend most of your time getting to and from a target, you spend remarkably little at the target.

I cant remember wete i saw it but it was video of ballistic gel testing of 9mm vs 380. In both fmj and hp the difference was minimal. The difference was the 9mm had better range but anything 25ft and under the dmg was vvery much alike. I also when i was a kid shot a .32 into a hanging hognthat had some sort of sickness so it was inetible. The .32 was penetrating great a couple even went throught at like 15 to 25 feet.
I will try to track down were i saw the video.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top