JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I sell/trade my SKS??

• Yes.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - depends on the price/trade.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
NEVER, I REPEAT, N-E-V-E-R EVER SELL a good SKS! There, Done, I Just Saved You! You can thank me later!

A good running SKS is like a fine watch, a good pair of binos, and a loyal Dog, things you absolutely never get rid of no matter what!
The SKS is the better option then the AK, and in many minds, it's really the best intermediate use fighting rifle there is! Why would any one NOT have one of more, and if not your favorite, its a excellent rifle to pass on to those in your tribe for defensive use!
I keep one in a sealed ABS tube with 240 rounds of ammo on stripper clips and a cleaning kit and spare parts under the hood of my pickup, and another one buried near by where ever I am currently holed up! Both are Yugo's both stock but tuned and reliable, and both packed in cosmoline for a day I hope never comes! IF that day does come, one of those SKS rifles may likely be the one that saves my life and the lives of my family!
For how cheap they were, it was really the best of the best to have and keep! While others come and go, that little underrated SKS is the gold standard by which all others are judged! Is it the best rifle around, NO, but for what it is, it's damn hard to beat!
Take all that stuff off of it, put some original wood on it, and loose the optic and all the non factory issue stuff and return it to it's pure state, tune it to perfection and pack it away for that day we all hope never comes! Then go out and get another one to practice with, get very good with and have some fun with, as well as train every one around you you would trust to use it!

I had one for about 20 years, finally sold it last year. I just like the AR platform better and focused on its manual of arms. However if Red Dawn ever happens, I'll likely regret that decision...;)

I've sold two guns since about 2006. Both were in 17HMR caliber. It's cheaper to shoot .223 reloads than to buy 17HMR ammo. I have read so many times in so many firearms forums about men who sold a gun years ago and wish to hellsinki they hadn't. In my mind, I'd never sell something like an SKS in these times of the Criminal Left wanting to unhand law-abiding American citizens of their legally-owned and lawfully-used weapons.

Personally I have one tucked away. Having a 7.62 by 39 in the safe is always good medicine and advise should the zombies or commies attack. Call me paranoid if you will. but there is still a touch of boy scout in me that will always be prepared.

It depends, I bought 11 of them when they were $49 each. I gave one to each of the boys. Modified one to my hearts content, And when someone said I'll give you $350 each for those that are not moded I said sold! And with the money I bought a case of Mosins. DR

I've had several SKSs before I moved from Hawaii to Washington state. I got rid of them because I just found it too difficult to keep them vs. the AK. I figured that the AK could do/would do everything I wanted from a 7.62x39mm cartridge and I'd have the magazine.

For the record.......I also sold off my NIB SKS Model D (removable AK magazines) and my NIB Legacy AK. I figured that I got more fun out of my used AK. So anyway, ever since then I haven't bought another SKS.

That being said........CALIFORNIA. Ok, Ok, ok. In that case, because of the law and IF I lived there......I can see why someone from CA would want one. Other than that, I'd stick with the AK platform. That's just me.

Don't get me wrong.....IF I found a cheap one, I might jump.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top