JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, two of my coworkers were coming back from lunch when a man in a car brandishing a revolver then pointed at them and fired for no apparent reason.

luckily, they werent hit and neither was the vehicle (i pray no one in the area caught the bullet.)

My coworker called 911, described the vehicle and didnt get a license plate as they were in such panic to get the F out of there.

next thing i know, both of them come back to work and are all shaken up, on and off the phone with police. eventually, the guys car was found but he is still at large

Neither of them had their carry weapons with them though, we are allowed to have them at work. i told them "this is the reason i carry. you never know what to expect"

IMO, its probably best that they didnt/ were unable to fire back due to the fact that they had a way to escape.

My question is(and i know this is the internet and legal advice is taken with a grain of salt)would DGU be justified in this situation as described? what if they had there been no means of escaping? IE: stuck between two cars in traffic?

the way i see it is a catch 22... they could have stopped the threat but risk jail time/ forfeiture of rights, countless court appearances...yadayada... but atleast still be alive.

on the other hand,that guy was near a school full of kids and by the time he was apprehended he could have shot and killed innocent people.

What say you SWFA?

i pray this guy wasnt legal to carry/own guns. just more fuel to the fire

Last Edited:
Wow, that's nuts!

I would think they'd be in the right returning fire if they were still in danger, but if the car were moving away from them that probably isn't the case.

Exactly like you said, we have no way of knowing when we'll need our concealed handguns. If it were that simple we'd just avoid the situation in the first place!

Hard to know with out being in the situation. To me it comes down to situational awareness and knowing whether or not you are safe to return fire in any situation. You mentioned a school. Are you returning fire towards said school or towards a wooded area? can you hit the target and not put other lives in jeopardy?

Picturing the situation in my head carrying or not I would seek shelter away from threat and then if needed return fire if threat is still imminent. But its hard to say how you would react in any situation. :confused:

Hope your buddies are OK.

Hard to know with out being in the situation. To me it comes down to situational awareness and knowing whether or not you are safe to return fire in any situation. You mentioned a school. Are you returning fire towards said school or towards a wooded area? can you hit the target and not put other lives in jeopardy?

Picturing the situation in my head carrying or not I would seek shelter away from threat and then if needed return fire if threat is still imminent. But its hard to say how you would react in any situation. :confused:

Hope your buddies are OK.
theyre fine. they are just a bit shaken up

Last Edited:
You NEVER know when something bad will happen.
All you can do is plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We moved into a new building at work last June, and for a little while I thought we'd moved into a war zone. There appeared to be random gunfire all during the day. Depending on the direction of the wind, they either sounded like they were a long way off or right beside us. As it turns out, the Police shooting range is at the end or the street. The County Sheriff Deputies, DPS State Troopers and Local Police all use the same little range. BANG BANG BANG!!!!

"there is no greater thrill than to have been shot at and missed" - Winston Churchill

That said, having been shot at, find cover, escape in defilade, and if necessary flank.

You NEVER know when something bad will happen.
All you can do is plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We moved into a new building at work last June, and for a little while I thought we'd moved into a war zone. There appeared to be random gunfire all during the day. Depending on the direction of the wind, they either sounded like they were a long way off or right beside us. As it turns out, the Police shooting range is at the end or the street. The County Sheriff Deputies, DPS State Troopers and Local Police all use the same little range. BANG BANG BANG!!!!

I laughed out loud at that one :s0112:

they caught the guy!

Good to hear!!

New Resource Reviews

Back Top