JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that things have cooled down a bit outside I am ready to start exploring my new environment!

When I lived in Oregon we enjoyed theWolf Creek shooting site which was just 20 some odd miles from my place in Hillsboro. North Wolf Creek is an area on Oregon Dept. of Forestry land which is managed by ODF. Many Northwest Firearms members help with cleanups coordinated by Trash No Land and other forum members.

Now that I reside in Arizona I'm looking for similar sites on public land near Apache Junction. Got any suggestions?

Awful lot of private homes out there now days. It has been a decade or more since I was in the area.
Drive north on Ellsworth, it will take you past the Usery Park range as well as get out of town. Lots of state land
North on 88 towards Canyon Lake.
Take 60 out to the junction, as we called it 60-79. Then it is your decision as to go east or south. South heads to Florence, prison town and gets flat pretty fast. East heads towards Superior and mining. I once drove into a ladies front yard looking for a ghost town. After 15 minutes of apologies from my navigator, the wife, she lowered the double barrel and we got out of thevere. The lady lived in the reported ghost town. The book we bought was wrong.
I spent almost every weekend with the wife and dogs out in the wilderness when I first got to Arizona. Driving a 2wd Nissan PU or my Corvair. Most of the trips were with out buying gas.
Have fun exporing and always be safe.

East on US 60 past Florence Junction will take you out to a lot of public land. Target shooting is illegal on State Trust Land, so make sure you are on National Forest or BLM land and that there is not a fire ban in effect. Also, make sure you clean up after yourself.

Well, we tried out past Queen Valley yesterday.

My guide and companion slept in and it took a while to find a site but we did and we had fun.

111520 03.jpg

Now I am cleaning firearms, straightening some shooting stand legs and loading some magazines. Seems there is always work after play.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top