JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been thinking lately that my HELLCAT needs a break as my EDC. The wife has said that I can buy a pistol for my Bday.
I've been thinking and looking and searching and handling SHIELD PLUS' in the 3.1" barrel.
They fit my hand well. Better than my HELLCAT.
The $50 rebate from Smith has not slowed my interest.

Anyone have experience with the PLUS models?
Even the PERFORMANCE CENTER model (as that seems to be where my hand gravitates)

4" perf. Plus

IMG_20220402_083408390_HDR.jpg

Thanks Trsix.

i went down to Cal Ranch in Elko. They had a 3.1" PC PLUS in in stock. And, if I got their credit card, I got a $70 credit on the gun. Doin it that way had 2 benefits.
1 - the price was as good as buyin online and paying transfer fee.
2 - Got the somofabetch NOW.

Brought her home, cleaned and lubed then took her out behind the shop and ran a box of BLAZER 115 through it at my dueling tree. Pretty happy with it. Now I need a holster. SHIELD PLUS PIC.jpg

Just completed the Smith Rebate for another $50.

The Smith rebate will get you really close to a holster!
Congrats on the new gun. Everyone I know that has one has been really happy with theirs.
The only complaints I have heard are with the porting of the PC versions.
If you train to use them in close quarters, the porting blows debris up under your chin and possibly under your glasses. With the gun held away from the body [or as normal] you will never notice. In close you will just have to find a position that it does not vent toward your face.
Most shooters find a position that works. Tip the ports away from your face or or pull it an inch or so back so your ribs cover the blast.
It just takes some thought and practice to make it feel normal.
Other than that I have heard nothing but good things about them. DR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top