JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger has been doing well lately, being innovative and putting out things folks actually want!
Now, if they would bring back the Old Army revolvers, that would be super cool!

Any Ruger employees here, We need a Hawkeye Guide in .500 S&W! Wink Wink!

I wired up the titanium smelter at the Prescott family many years ago. They made mostly hand guns, but what really surprised me was the other products that they made. Like fire sprinkler nozzels, the hub portion for racing bicycles. The day we turned on the smelter for its first 90 pound melt the boys from the utility were there, worried. Seems some of them thought the smelter would darken the north side of Prescott cause it was all fed from one 69kv line, including the airport.
The one thing I noticed was how the whole place was intent on their work and not what was going on outside. I always wanted one of their titanium P series guns but never got around to it. The smelter was from Germany and it was a blast taking Hurst and Rolf over to the Dew Drop Inn over Granite Dells way. They freeked with guys wearing colts and chaps, with their mount of the day tied up outside. They were sure that the American West was only on TV. Still makes me smile, got them drunk on the fine light champagne from Mexico, once.
Give them a call who knows they might just listen.

corona has changed their name.jpg

Used to be able to call ahead and get a tour, that was then. The people were friendly and open when I worked on the smelter. The only areas that I could not visit were the firing range and the area where the finished weapons were box and made ready for shipping. Even employees had the same restrictions unless you worked in those areas.
If your going up there you should also call the boys over at Barretts. Fine weapons if you can afford them, out of my league. Save an hour for J&G sales. The place used to be a trip the way they had the merch on display.
I have not been in the area for several decades. My remembrances might be just that now days.

Used to be able to call ahead and get a tour, that was then. The people were friendly and open when I worked on the smelter. The only areas that I could not visit were the firing range and the area where the finished weapons were box and made ready for shipping. Even employees had the same restrictions unless you worked in those areas.
If your going up there you should also call the boys over at Barretts. Fine weapons if you can afford them, out of my league. Save an hour for J&G sales. The place used to be a trip the way they had the merch on display.
I have not been in the area for several decades. My remembrances might be just that now days.

I would love to take the drive and make a day of it with the SIL

Your Mini has both a protruding pistol grip and a collapsing stock, Zoid. You've got it right up near 100% on the Evil Meter. I'd be looking for Eric "Gaseous" Swinewell and Dianne "Fat Bottom" Feinswine to be rappelling down from a choppa above your house to unhand you of your wheppins. I 'spect you'll be waiting for them batsards, too...

Your Mini has both a protruding pistol grip and a collapsing stock, Zoid. You've got it right up near 100% on the Evil Meter. I'd be looking for Eric "Gaseous" Swinewell and Dianne "Fat Bottom" Feinswine to be rappelling down from a choppa above your house to unhand you of your wheppins. I 'spect you'll be waiting for them batsards, too...

Don't forget about the red dot sniper sight and the fact that if you push a button on the protruding pistol grip, out pops a pair of sniper assist bipod legs for maximum evilness.

Of course I have the plain Jane wooden ranch rifle stock for it too for extra agricultural effectiveness.

My initial sighting in trip to the range with my new RPR left me wanting more! I sighted it at 100 yds and then shot a few groups at 200 yds, and it honestly shot WAY better than it should have given the fact I was shooting Malaysian Milsurp Ball ammo through it. 1/2 MOA? I must have missed and it accidentally continued to keyhole round after round anyway. I have to get back out there to see if it was truly a happy accident.

… … continued to keyhole round after round, anyway.
Keyholing is caused by too heavy a bullet for the rifling rate. I got keyholing at fifty yards by firing 75-grain bullets (0.224" diameter) in a 1:12 barrel. 55-grainers did extremely well; the 75-grainers were a waste of components and the time to load them.

Keyholing is caused by too heavy a bullet for the rifling rate. I got keyholing at fifty yards by firing 75-grain bullets (0.224" diameter) in a 1:12 barrel. 55-grainers did extremely well; the 75-grainers were a waste of components and the time to load them.
I think I must be using the term incorrectly then.

I meant that every hole made was intersected and touching every other hole to make one jagged hole. That would be tough to do with match ammo at 200 yds, but it did it with the milsurp. Happy accident - that I hope to repeat!

I think I must be using the term incorrectly then. I meant that every hole made was intersected and touching every other hole to make one jagged hole.
You produced a group commonly known as a "cloverleaf," because it looks like one. You could also say the holes are "cutting each other." Attached is a picture of bullets that keyholed against the target.

keyhole-bullet.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top