JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How many of you build your own guns. Post up what you have built. Do you have any questions about building guns? Tooling? Technique? Horror stories? Do'd/Don't's......anything to do with build toys that go bang!

These are my latest builds. Meet the Glock triplets. Polymre80 frames all Glock parts. From top to bottom. G22,G17,G19. I have a G23 and a G34 in the works.

<broken image removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1516.JPG

I am really new to the building aspect. This was my first and look forward to building many more and getting better at it. would really like to start with a 80% lower and build one from scratch.

On this build I used the NWFA Anderson lower, spikes trigger and a Anderson complete upper so I didn't build the whole thing but it made it more comfortable since it was my first.

bought all these in individual pieces and assembled except the LR308
IMG_2867.JPG

if i milled them out as an 80% i would say that i "built them" rather than assembled them.

those are just mine, in the last year ive assembled over a dozen AR types for people close to me.

I haven't entered the world of 80% yet, but I'm interested. I recently completed my first AR build, a bump saw :D

LOWER RECEIVER: Northwest Firearms Stripped Lower
LOWER BUILD KIT: Palmetto State Armory Freedom
TRIGGER: KE Arms DMR
STOCK: Slidefire SSAR-15 MOD
UPPER RECEIVER: Aero Precision Gen 2 M4E1
HANDGUARD: Aero Precision 15" Gen 2 MLOK Enhanced Handguard
BARREL: Tactical Ordnance 18" Stainless Heavy
GAS BLOCK: Tactical Ordnance Low Profile
BIPOD: Ohuhu 6-Inch to 9-Inch Horizontal Pan
MAGAZINE: Magpul D60
OPTIC: Primary Arms Micro Dot

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

Video: First time shooting the Bump SAW

How many of you build your own guns. Post up what you have built. Do you have any questions about building guns? Tooling? Technique? Horror stories? Do'd/Don't's......anything to do with build toys that go bang!

These are my latest builds. Meet the Glock triplets. Polymre80 frames all Glock parts. From top to bottom. G22,G17,G19. I have a G23 and a G34 in the works.

IMG_2766_zpshgvdbpat.jpg

Do they shoot or feel any different than OEM Glocks?

Last Edited:
The G22 and The G17 have a fatter feel around the hand grip. Kinda boxy. But not so bad you can't get use to it. The G19 feels almost like a factory one. I have only test fired the G17. The other function correctly but I have not test fired them yet.

I've done a fair amount of assembly of various AR's, a few 80%s, My neighbor bought a 3d printer a little while ago and is over there turning lots of PLA into projects for his free energy ideas. (I've tried to talk him out of these, but have now taken instead to just trolling him).

I'm a bit less of a shade-tree. I've been slowly working up some designs for the 3d printer, as well as the rest of the machine tools I've got.

I've really liked some of the PDW type weapons coming out lately, like the STK CPW, and the H&K MP7. I'm using those as inspiration for some more futuristic designs.

<broken image removed>

This is cool. Haven't built a pistol before. How tough is it to for someone who isn't a natural "mechanic"?

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need is a good beefy drill press and an X-Y vise. All the milling tools and the machining jig are included when you buy the 80% frame. Instructions are provided plus you can go to youtube and check out the vids. Then all the Glock parts will fit! I have test fired the G17 with no problems at all. I still have to test fire the other two.

All you need is a good beefy drill press and an X-Y vise. All the milling tools and the machining jig are included when you buy the 80% frame. Instructions are provided plus you can go to youtube and check out the vids. Then all the Glock parts will fit! I have test fired the G17 with no problems at all. I still have to test fire the other two.

How would you rate the difficulty, scale of 1-10?

Honestly? About a 5. You could do the machining with a dremel if you can not get a drill press and vise. Oh, you also have to have the ability to run a hand held drill.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top