JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saying the technology is unproven and potentially dangerous, state senators today advanced legislation to block any state or local law allowing people to purchase only "smart" guns.

Part of what is in HB2216 precludes any sort of mandatory tracking technology on guns. That includes not only being able to locate weapons using GPS technology, but also having weapons that can send out an electronic message when they have been fired.

But most of the debate revolved around the development of weapons that know who is supposed to be able to fire it, and, more to the point, who is not. And HB2216, if it becomes law, says what's offered for sale in Arizona can't be limited to those guns.

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017...any-requirement-for-people-to-use-smart-guns/

I want all my weapons to send an automatic email to my senator for every single individual round that's fired. They need to know that Conservatives shoot lots of rounds - and often!!!!

the infrastructure to support such nonsense would cost a fortune. i agree i go through several boxes a month.
i do not even have a chip in my atm card yet.

Yep, not to mention the error/failure rate with biometrics and other technologies. A bad guy isn't gonna wait for you to pair your gun to your smartphone :mad:

Phone to truck...for what, a window mount? I could see that, using GPS...but anything else? My vehicle is so old fashioned it has CRANK windows, and MANUAL door locks. :)

Phone to truck...for what, a window mount? I could see that, using GPS...but anything else? My vehicle is so old fashioned it has CRANK windows, and MANUAL door locks. :)

Yeah but you get style points!

Bluetooth is nice for hands free calling too.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top