JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tucson is a sanctuary city, one visit will expose all the spanish signs in businesses there. I am tired of seeing signs in my state in spanish--illegal aliens need to GTFO & I wish they would take anyone who can't read or write english with them
I was out for dinner with friends Sat night and noticed the spanish signs are now all the way up to Bell road & Cave Creek rd as well

Not sure what the leap from Joe's newspeek cite about mom's against everything has to do with proliferation of Spanish language signs, but if it is any consolation, AZ with its 6.7m population vs NM's with 2.0m population, where both states have 78% of the citizens aged 25-54 who speaks English at the "not well or not at all" level.
State Profiles of the Adult Education Target Population | U.S. Department of Education

This should be concerning only against both state's educational systems not directed towards the citizens themselves.

Not sure what the leap from Joe's newspeek cite about mom's against everything has to do with proliferation of Spanish language signs, but if it is any consolation, AZ with its 6.7m population vs NM's with 2.0m population, where both states have 78% of the citizens aged 25-54 who speaks English at the "not well or not at all" level.
State Profiles of the Adult Education Target Population | U.S. Department of Education

This should be concerning only against both state's educational systems not directed towards the citizens themselves.

why not stop worrying about Arizona, take care of your own NM problems?

Since there are no postings of any firearm advocates attending the event while wearing orange hunting garb and OC'g, means moms against everything got the news coverage and attention they were seeking.

Phoenix has also become a sanctuary city due to some back room dealings with cronies of mayor Stanton and our police chief Williams. Wow, was that story full of non proven statistics. They fail to point out that 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides in their count of 106 deaths per day, also not pointing out that 20 are gang related which leaves a small amount of deaths due to 'gun violence' in a country of 300+ million people. If you leave out the cesspools of NYC, Detroit, Chicago and LA the USA falls to the bottom of the list for gun deaths in the world. As for a poll that is 7 years old, did any of the respondents know what 'universal background checks' are? I've never heard of a clear definition of what they were. It's like asking for 'common sense' gun laws. Who doesn't want to use common sense, but what is the definition? Interesting to note that the writer of the article is a student at the U of A and is still in the process of being completely indoctrinated by her liberal professors. And in the vein of current journalism, forget the fact checking, truth just muddies up the agenda.

I was with Tucson Police Department for a long time as well as Pima County Sheriff's Dept.
Nationally, the assault and homicide rate in every big Arizona city is well below others such as Philadelphia or Chicago.
Why you ask?
Because Tucson has become a bastion of Democrat-Thinking about everything and is it's own worst enemy.
What these so called "Progressives" will NOT TELL
YOU is that:
1. Their "death rate" using CDC numbers are skewed in several ways including the fact that they are adding SELF DEFENSE SHOOTINGS in their count.
2. They REFUSE to admit that the meer presence of a firearm SAVES thousands of lives each year. MANY times the rate of actual shootings.

So...believe what you will, but there are those of us who have LIVED IN THE in this world and actually know what we speak of.
It saddens me to see how a once historic, vibrant, classy city has suffered at the hands of a growing democratic influence...they destroy EVERYTHING in their path.

I purposely moved my family WAY north. We are with many other like minded, Patriotic Americans who will fight for our Country and our Constitution. God Bless America...

No different than the destruction of NYC, Detroit, Chicago, LA, NOLA, Seattle, Portland, in fact any large metropolitan area where democrats have taken over are turning into hotbeds of crime and corruption. How these people get elected over and over again simply amazes me.

How these people get elected over and over again simply amazes me.
Look at Maxine Waters. Look at who are her constituents. The dingbats who repeatedly vote for useless candidates are the same ones who want everything handed to them. Makes no difference what race, color, ethnicity or whatever: So many have become dependent upon government, you'd almost have to think they'd vote for a tyrant if the tyrant promised to make the trains run on time. Wait a minute. We've already had that.

I think we need to stay informed and remember our history. Tucson is one of the newest cities added to Arizona, after being purchased from Mexico. Just like most south west towns, it was founded by the Spanish and has been mostly populated by Spanish and native descendants. I was informed that Tucson wasn't a popular town for Western settlement until after ww1 when veterans returning with mustard gas exposure were told it had a better climate for them. I believe the town stayed small until after ww2 when many airmen were stationed there and then returned after the war. I didn't research all of this, its mostly information I was told by locals, or learned by visiting the historical sites in and around Tucson. I will do more research so as to have a more accurate understanding in the future.

So what? Your information is really irrelevant. Sure here were a lot of Mexicans and Native Americans living here. But after AZ became part of the US there were las that were in effect that governed immigration.
Doesn't matter why further population came here, fact is there are ILLEGAL ALIENS populating this city. And they're taking resources from Americans or legal residents. FREE MEDICAL CARE, FREE SCHOOLING, FREE LIVING EXPENSES, FREE FOOD, BULLS—T.
Checking your history isn't gonna change the fact that the illegals being provided SANCTUARY shouldn't be here!
DO YOU GET IT?

Yes, obviously illegal immigrants of all nationalities shouldn't be allowed free reign, or given a free ride. The second poster is complaining about spanish signs in business. Of course merchants want to conduct as much business as possible. Spanish language use isn't indicative of illegal status. Even without a single illegal individual, Spanish use is just a part of living in a border region. I would never advocate for free rides. We work too hard and get little enough for it. Our tax dollars shouldn't be given away to criminals.

TO GET BACK TO MY FAVORITE RANT.

This thread was started about common sense gun laws. Since the first response it drifted on to Spanish language signs and other topics, and now its on sanctuary cities and settler history.

I still wish people would stay on topic, or start a thread that can go anywhere instead of trolling around to find something they want to talk about!

TO GET BACK TO MY FAVORITE RANT.

This thread was started about common sense gun laws. Since the first response it drifted on to Spanish language signs and other topics, and now its on sanctuary cities and settler history.

I still wish people would stay on topic, or start a thread that can go anywhere instead of trolling around to find something they want to talk about!

And targetshooter, your negativity contribution to those who wander off the thread's path assists how in keeping the thread on point?

Speaking of the point of the thread, oh wait, you really do not care nor wish to contribute about any of the threads on this forum do you?

You are only interested to troll and grouse when someone diverts off topic!

So targetshooter, a subtle note of interest is that the subject matter of this thread was mom's Orange activities not 'common sense gun laws' but the biased newspeek media projected their own push against guns, so why peruse in the first Place?

Last Edited:
It's a story about TUCSON and their political leanings.

....and you see no correlation between what they are saying and the news story?

Uh, let's see, article headline is about "orange" article starts off about mom's advocating wearing orange, then rants about deaths, the mentions FFL bkgnd cks, then 2/3 of way down goes into showing the real reason for the article, the newspeek media self promoting, not mom's promotion of the common sense laws but local media's hyperbole endorsement of the city councilman's rhetoric for the legislative position he wants to be elected to!

No correlation to mom's orange nonsense at all.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top