JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I scouted it little over 20 years ago. In case of scope failure, made a poor boy aperture ghost ring rear, front sight gives good sight picture, cut barrel down to 18.5". Reversed B-Square scout mount and retrofited to be more solid. Cut down butt stock to where cup butt plate came up to, then cut down cup butt plate and reinstalled. Has a timney trigger, drilled two holes in Butt stock, then epoxied in lengths of 1/2" PVC to lighten and bolt knob milled out. Made cheek riser from piece of original forestock and fitted.

Scout2.jpg
AA.jpg
Front2.jpg
FRONT.jpg
Butt_cap_op_291x600.jpg
Cheek-PC_op_800x494.jpg

That's certainly an interesting take on the scout rifle. I imagine it's worlds less expensive than the purpose-made scouts, but doesn't seem like it is lacking anything and looks like it would be more handy. Nice job!

When I bought the K98 back in 1988 paid 90 bucks for it at a Big Five store, so all told likely little ove $200.00 in it.

Looks like a real nice scout rifle set up. Is that a Czech Mauser? What kind of groups does she shoot?
Some real NICE work on that stock!
Still regret the day I let my Izzi Mauser go... Shoulda kept it but for whatever reason rationalised as to why I didnt "need" it...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top