Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Scout rifle from FN K-98 rebarreled to 7.62x51 by Israelis in the 1960s.

Reactions
I scouted it little over 20 years ago. In case of scope failure, made a poor boy aperture ghost ring rear, front sight gives good sight picture, cut barrel down to 18.5”. Reversed B-Square scout mount and retrofited to be more solid. Cut down butt stock to where cup butt plate came up to, then cut down cup butt plate and reinstalled. Has a timney trigger, drilled two holes in Butt stock, then epoxied in lengths of 1/2” PVC to lighten and bolt knob milled out. Made cheek riser from piece of original forestock and fitted.

Scout2.jpg
AA.jpg
Front2.jpg
FRONT.jpg
Butt_cap_op_291x600.jpg
Cheek-PC_op_800x494.jpg

OP
T
Reactions
No,there is more than adequate clearance, never have even when cycling bolt fast.

PB_Sight2.JPG

Reactions
That's certainly an interesting take on the scout rifle. I imagine it's worlds less expensive than the purpose-made scouts, but doesn't seem like it is lacking anything and looks like it would be more handy. Nice job!

OP
T
Reactions
When I bought the K98 back in 1988 paid 90 bucks for it at a Big Five store, so all told likely little ove $200.00 in it.

Reactions
Looks like a real nice scout rifle set up. Is that a Czech Mauser? What kind of groups does she shoot?
Some real NICE work on that stock!
Still regret the day I let my Izzi Mauser go... Shoulda kept it but for whatever reason rationalised as to why I didnt "need" it...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Centennial Hall
263 N Center St, Mesa, AZ 85201, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
The Icehouse
429 W Jackson St, Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
2620 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• American Guns & Ammo
    5.00 star(s)
    This is a great place to shop. The staff is friendly and they will treat you right. Al (the...
    • 1971Chevelle
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Tucson
    5.00 star(s)
    I bought a Win M70 Safari Express here 2 years ago after an uphill search online The lady who...
    • MichaelTQS
  • Northwest Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my local gun store of choice , family owned and operated , friendly and knowledgeable...
    • JOE TRUMP
  • Glock 38
    4.00 star(s)
    This is a great little gun, often sold at a discount due to lack of popularity, a handloader's...
    • Cliph
  • Glock 19
    4.00 star(s)
    Likely the most popular handgun in the world and an excellent combat pistol.
    • Cliph