JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard both good and bad in general discussions with people about SGC. I have been a loyal patron of them for years so I wanted to shed some light on my thoughts of this place. To preface the review, I am a member at SGC.

- The staff here have always been more than helpful, but sometimes you do have to get them to actually pay attention to you. I would say about 80% of the time I have shopped there, I have been greeted within a minute of walking into the establishment. The second to last time I was there though, I walked over to the LEO counter to purchase a blue box Glock and stood there for 5 minutes while 2 of the counter salesmen chatted and messed around on their phones. I had to politely interrupt them so I could spend my money. In general though, I would say their customer service is good, especially the range counter staff. They are always friendly and do their best to get people on the range in a timely manner. There are also a couple sales people that I have observed helping people purchase firearms and have spent as much time as needed and answered as many questions as needed to their customer.
- The stock there is pretty decent, despite this massive gun run right now. It is obvious they are very Glock and Sig friendly in terms of firearm accessories. For me, that isn't a problem as I am a Glock guy, but for others this can be kind of a PITA. They do have a great selection of AR's and AR accessories, including optics, mounts, and just about anything else you can think of. That being said, they do carry quite a selection of firearms, including some very upscale models, especially in the 1911 and AR categories. If you are looking for something unique, they either have or can order it. They also carry a nice knife selection and are a dealer for Ravencrest knives. This is nice to see since they make great OTF's and are a local company. SGC also carries a nice selection of armorer tools and cleaning accessories, mags, holsters, clothing, backpacks, concealed carry purses, lights, ammo, etc.
- Their membership seems to be worth it so far. I am a first responder so I get a nice discount off the yearly member price and some extra goodies along with my membership. In total, I pay $250 for a yearly membership. That gives me unlimited range use as well as guest passes for friends and family and I also receive discounts on purchases and classes.
- The range is probably the best indoor range I have been at. The range master's are friendly and really make patrons are safe while on the range. With all the new shooter's people make some mistakes while on the range and I have seen range master's here stop the unsafe behavior, but then take the time to educate instead of berate the individual. The range goes out to 45 yards and the targets can be programmed to spin and change distance which is nice as you can get some decent training in. This makes your training at an indoor range much more dynamic. They also have a good selection of targets if you do not supply your own, and despite the massive lack of ammo, they typically have ammo to purchase if you are utilizing the range for the day.
- Last off, they are very LEO, Military and First Responder friendly. You get a discount if you fall into any of those categories.

All in all, I would say give SGC a try.

I went there the other day they have 5.56 or at least they had it last Wednesday. Only been in there twice and the first time I was there it was a horrible experience. Every single employee seemed upset at me for being in there. Last Wednesday was different. Actually got help and taken care of. The first time I walked right out and went across the sidewalk to the other shop and did business there.

Northwest Firearms is a fantastic place. I have been in there as well.

Like I said in my review, I have had issues like that as well from time to time. It is funny though how when you mention you are a member, how suddenly they perk right up.

I have been thinking that when my membership expires I may try C2 tactical. I was just in there and the staff was fantastic. They may earn my business here in a couple of months.

I am a peasant member at SGC, LOL. That means I don't have access to the titanium room :).

I have had a couple friends that have worked at C2 (counter sales and an instructor) and they seemed to like the place as well.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top