You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Join the #1 community for gun owners of the Southwest
We believe the 2nd Amendment is best defended through grass-roots organization, education, and advocacy centered around individual gun owners. It is our mission to encourage, organize, and support these efforts throughout Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.
Discuss firearms and all aspects of firearm ownership
Join others in organizing against anti-gun legislation
Buy, sell, and trade in our classified section
Find nearby gun shops, ranges, training, and other resources
Discover free outdoor shooting areas
Stay up to date on firearm-related events
Share photos and video with other members
...and much more!
I have heard both good and bad in general discussions with people about SGC. I have been a loyal patron of them for years so I wanted to shed some light on my thoughts of this place. To preface the review, I am a member at SGC.
- The staff here have always been more than helpful, but sometimes you do have to get them to actually pay attention to you. I would say about 80% of the time I have shopped there, I have been greeted within a minute of walking into the establishment. The second to last time I was there though, I walked over to the LEO counter to purchase a blue box Glock and stood there for 5 minutes while 2 of the counter salesmen chatted and messed around on their phones. I had to politely interrupt them so I could spend my money. In general though, I would say their customer service is good, especially the range counter staff. They are always friendly and do their best to get people on the range in a timely manner. There are also a couple sales people that I have observed helping people purchase firearms and have spent as much time as needed and answered as many questions as needed to their customer.
- The stock there is pretty decent, despite this massive gun run right now. It is obvious they are very Glock and Sig friendly in terms of firearm accessories. For me, that isn't a problem as I am a Glock guy, but for others this can be kind of a PITA. They do have a great selection of AR's and AR accessories, including optics, mounts, and just about anything else you can think of. That being said, they do carry quite a selection of firearms, including some very upscale models, especially in the 1911 and AR categories. If you are looking for something unique, they either have or can order it. They also carry a nice knife selection and are a dealer for Ravencrest knives. This is nice to see since they make great OTF's and are a local company. SGC also carries a nice selection of armorer tools and cleaning accessories, mags, holsters, clothing, backpacks, concealed carry purses, lights, ammo, etc.
- Their membership seems to be worth it so far. I am a first responder so I get a nice discount off the yearly member price and some extra goodies along with my membership. In total, I pay $250 for a yearly membership. That gives me unlimited range use as well as guest passes for friends and family and I also receive discounts on purchases and classes.
- The range is probably the best indoor range I have been at. The range master's are friendly and really make patrons are safe while on the range. With all the new shooter's people make some mistakes while on the range and I have seen range master's here stop the unsafe behavior, but then take the time to educate instead of berate the individual. The range goes out to 45 yards and the targets can be programmed to spin and change distance which is nice as you can get some decent training in. This makes your training at an indoor range much more dynamic. They also have a good selection of targets if you do not supply your own, and despite the massive lack of ammo, they typically have ammo to purchase if you are utilizing the range for the day.
- Last off, they are very LEO, Military and First Responder friendly. You get a discount if you fall into any of those categories.
I went there the other day they have 5.56 or at least they had it last Wednesday. Only been in there twice and the first time I was there it was a horrible experience. Every single employee seemed upset at me for being in there. Last Wednesday was different. Actually got help and taken care of. The first time I walked right out and went across the sidewalk to the other shop and did business there.