JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have been thinking about getting a scope and rings for my Marlin 795 22lr rifle (Dovetail rail) for plinking but am stuck on what to get and where to get it. I have never bought a scope and rings before.

I looked on amazon and saw they had some inexpensive scopes on there that had mainly positive reviews but the rings weren't the best and they suggested upgrading the rings. I have no experience in this field so any help would be appreciated. I am not looking to spend more than 80$, I know that's not much but i don't want to commit to much to something i may or may not like. This will only be a plinking set up.

I suggest a Nikon 2-7, this is a 1" scope and should last decades, I have 3 of them on 22s and 223s you can sometimes find factory rebuilds on Natchez Shooter Supply or get a good price on a new scope from SWFA.com
the rings:
If your dovetail base is the normal 22 RF dimensions you can find the proper rings made by Weaver the sales PPL at either business will help you find and order the correct ring/base

I can't make that decision, you should call their 800 number and talk with their sales staff ,they are very knowledgeable!

Ok so here is my update. I called them and i decided to order the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire classic for 79.99 on sale from 119.00 and the set of weaver brand dovetail rigs for 24.00 Yeah it's a little more than i wanted to spend but i have heard great things about this scope and rings so i thought what the hey why not.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top