JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have listened to this song many times, but the other day I saw the disturbing (to me) video of what it is supposedly about. The song is Pumped up Kicks.

Dancing begins at 2:10 and the shooter is taken down at 2:45 by the cafeteria guy--
good thing those helpless folks could dance...

Last edited by a moderator:
While I really like Foster The People's music, my guess is they're no different than 95% of other entertainers when it comes to guns :(

"Pumped-up Kicks" is a good listen, but the subject matter is definitely dark. The song is about a kid who gets teased by his high school chums because he does not have very expensive, pump-up basketball shoes. What does the kid do? He kills his schoolmates. It's nutty what kids today believe they need to survive. I wore simple Converse "chucks" in the '60s. Everybody did. They were cheap, your parents knew you were going to tear them up, and you didn't have to change your shoes to get on the floor in the gym. I sure do miss those days-- and my hair...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top