JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought two of these fine pistols and was able to take them to the range today. I have to say I was impressed! Fit and finish are great. Main question I had after reading a LOT online was on the trigger (that's always the biggest complaint for those who have one). It's a DAO and it is a heavy trigger--but it is a VERY consistent pull. On slow fire at 7 yards I found it to be extremely accurate. On rapid fire at a man outline target--all shots were in the torso; roughly a 4-6" group...but I do mean rapid fire on this...firing almost as fast as I could pull the trigger. By the way, with firm grip, I found that it readily returned to the aiming point--which surprised me a lot for such a light gun.

I ran about 150 rounds through one and 50 through the other...not a single issue. I left the experience with full confidence on this pistol being very capable for self-defense. (I will be running more rounds through before carry and will test the SD loads). For those wondering, it is almost exactly the same size as a 9mm Shield (a 1/4" shorter, but a bit thicker); but holds 10 rounds and is much lighter. And, these are available all over the internet right about $215 shipped. I bought mine from Technet Armory...but many sources out there at roughly same price point.

Thanks for the range report! Great to see (relatively) new gun companies putting out solid products. That's an incredible price point.

Yeah, it's hard to beat for sure. My biggest thing was the 10+1 capacity in pretty much the same size package as the Shield. Now, it's on to holsters for carry...

Yeah, it's hard to beat for sure. My biggest thing was the 10+1 capacity in pretty much the same size package as the Shield. Now, it's on to holsters for carry...

That sounds really good.
My biggest gripe about my little Sig P290RS besides the trigger, would be the limited mag capacity.
I've worked with it enough now at 100 rounds per shooting day, that I'm pretty confident that it would do the job in a limited range situation. I'll have to see if I can find a little SCCY-CPS-2CB to give one of them a try too!

The trigger on the SCCY CPX-2 is a long DA pull, think revolver--but I found it very clean and consistent; so no problem being accurate for self-defense at 7-10 yards.

if you like kydex style holsters check into safariland pro gls. it is a multi-fit type holster like blackhawk omnivore. my preference is the safariland. i got one for my taurus pt 111 g2. the model i have will work for sw shield as well. should work for your sccy also. in any case, enjoy your new pistol.

Check out Alien Gear. Their holsters are excellent for the SCCY, and they have IWB as well as OWB holsters. As for the trigger, Galloway Precision has a hammer spring and trigger spring kit for about $17 bucks that will take about a pound and a half or so from the trigger pull. It might be a good idea to have a gunsmith install it, but it is possible to do it yourself if you have the tools. I love my SCCY CPX-2, but that trigger has got to go. My only complaint, though, so that's not bad.

Thanks! Yeah, we have a guy here in Colorado, Bill Springfield, who's a bit famous for trigger work. You can mail stuff to him as well. He specifically does that trigger and some other work on the SCCY...as well as most other platforms. I had him do the triggers on my FALs and it was a very noticeable improvement. You can google him if interested.

The trigger on the SCCY CPX-2 is a long DA pull, think revolver--but I found it very clean and consistent; so no problem being accurate for self-defense at 7-10 yards.

Damn, I'm trying to get used to my S&W 642's trigger and not having much luck. I try to avoid these types if possible.

Check out Alien Gear. Their holsters are excellent for the SCCY, and they have IWB as well as OWB holsters. As for the trigger, Galloway Precision has a hammer spring and trigger spring kit for about $17 bucks that will take about a pound and a half or so from the trigger pull. It might be a good idea to have a gunsmith install it, but it is possible to do it yourself if you have the tools. I love my SCCY CPX-2, but that trigger has got to go. My only complaint, though, so that's not bad.

There is hope! That's a very reasonable price for an improved trigger too. How difficult is the install, if you do have the tools? I've never had an Alien Gear holster but I hear they're GTG.

Damn, I'm trying to get used to my S&W 642's trigger and not having much luck. I try to avoid these types if possible.

There is hope! That's a very reasonable price for an improved trigger too. How difficult is the install, if you do have the tools? I've never had an Alien Gear holster but I hear they're GTG.
There is a video on YouTube showing how to do it, but basically it will be a headache if you don't have an assortment of punches and a light hammer. If you still have the CPX owner's manual, it should have a blow-up diagram that will really come in handy. Also, avoid the alloy trigger kit that they sell...it works, but the profile of the trigger is not quite as curved as the stock one, and your finger will slip downward each and every time you pull the trigger. That being said, the spring kit will breathe new life into that CPX.

There is a video on YouTube showing how to do it, but basically it will be a headache if you don't have an assortment of punches and a light hammer. If you still have the CPX owner's manual, it should have a blow-up diagram that will really come in handy. Also, avoid the alloy trigger kit that they sell...it works, but the profile of the trigger is not quite as curved as the stock one, and your finger will slip downward each and every time you pull the trigger. That being said, the spring kit will breathe new life into that CPX.
And yes, the Alien Gear is SWEET STUFF!

SCCY was founded by two former Kel-Tec employees. If you buy a SCCY you're supporting intellectual property thieves. I won't own a SCCY nor sell them new if I get a FFL. I'm ok with doing transfers of used SCCY pistols as SCCY is not making any money on the sale and transfer of used firearms.

SCCY was founded by two former Kel-Tec employees. If you buy a SCCY you're supporting intellectual property thieves. I won't own a SCCY nor sell them new if I get a FFL. I'm ok with doing transfers of used SCCY pistols as SCCY is not making any money on the sale and transfer of used firearms.

I remember how the gen one SCCY pistols were falling apart when used, because someone was too damn cheap to buy thread locker

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top