JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure, why not try to pass a law that YOUR STATE cant handle, then bubblegum at the FEDS for not wanting to do it?

Why not just figure out a way to do it yourselves instead of whining about it and blaming someone else for your inability. Charge a fee and get people to pay for the manpower to finish the check?

WAH, WAH, WAH? ? ? ?

Sure, why not try to pass a law that YOUR STATE cant handle, then bubblegum at the FEDS for not wanting to do it?

Why not just figure out a way to do it yourselves instead of whining about it and blaming someone else for your inability. Charge a fee and get people to pay for the manpower to finish the check?

WAH, WAH, WAH? ? ? ?
We do pay the FBI to do that job, the question is, with the millions sent to the agency why can't they do the job. Never fear though, the Omnibus bill with the fix-NICS program stuck in at the last minute will dump more of our taxpayer dollars going to bonus the agencies to actually do their jobs. Wish I could get a bonus for just doing my job.

we don't pay anybody to do private sales checks at this point. As a matter of info, I believe NEW JERSEY apparently conducts their own NICS checks at a cost of $50 PER TRANSACTION, regardless of gunshop or private sales. That's what Nevada should do instead of having other people pay for their program! All checks are done by the NJ State Police.

we don't pay anybody to do private sales checks at this point. As a matter of info, I believe NEW JERSEY apparently conducts their own NICS checks at a cost of $50 PER TRANSACTION, regardless of gunshop or private sales. That's what Nevada should do instead of having other people pay for their program! All checks are done by the NJ State Police.
So is the Nevada background check in addition to the NICS or in lieu of it?

From what I read, Nevada wants to start a NEW PROGRAM to do NICS checks for face to face transactions that are not being done by ANYBODY. But they don't want to use STATE funds to do them, they want to use FEDERAL funds thru the FBI to do them.
I say again, if they want to do their own personal sales investigations, go ahead. But use their own dime to do it.
It's nit a federal mandate or law, so why should federal funds and labor be used?

From what I read, Nevada wants to start a NEW PROGRAM to do NICS checks for face to face transactions that are not being done by ANYBODY. But they don't want to use STATE funds to do them, they want to use FEDERAL funds thru the FBI to do them.
I say again, if they want to do their own personal sales investigations, go ahead. But use their own dime to do it.
It's nit a federal mandate or law, so why should federal funds and labor be used?
If it above and beyond the fed regulations then they should pay, not me.

They can't enforce this unless they make you register your guns , which Sandoval stopped a couple years ago so.....I think he is purposely sabotaging this because he is actually against it....all of this is bs and they (libs , dems) need to just make up their mind on whether they want a civil war or back off our rights !!!☠

Well, not living in Nevada, I can only respond to the article mentioned, which is what I'm doing. If the governor's playing a game, that would be a typical
Politician. If he's not, then he's STILL a typical politician!!!!

We do pay the FBI to do that job, the question is, with the millions sent to the agency why can't they do the job. Never fear though, the Omnibus bill with the fix-NICS program stuck in at the last minute will dump more of our taxpayer dollars going to bonus the agencies to actually do their jobs. Wish I could get a bonus for just doing my job.

Actually the fbi/nics decided a couple years ago that any FFL dealer can conduct a private transfer background check, using the nics system

I am so far delighted that no additional system exists. I'll be voting for Adam Laxalt because he has chosen, as Nevada's Attorney General, to NOT allow Question 1 to get any further down the road than its just ever-so-barely passing plebiscite in November 2016. I enjoy life here in Nevada because we have relatively very few gun laws. Responsible people do not need more and more laws to "keep us in line." It is the irresponsible who need to be controlled by government; we have prisons for that...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top