JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Second Amendment Foundation just scored a major win on the east coast.
http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=395

Seems that the U.S. District Court for Maryland found that "the right to bear arms is not limited to the home."

The judge wrote "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."
Lots of other great quotes in the article. This should get interesting for D.C. residents. If we could get a finding like this in the 9th (I know, but I can dream, can't I?) it would be fantastic.

That is awesome.

My favorite part: "U.S. District Court Judge Benson Everett Legg noted, "In addition to self-defense, the (Second Amendment) right was also understood to allow for militia membership and hunting. To secure these rights, the Second Amendment's protections must extend beyond the home: neither hunting nor militia training is a household activity, and 'self-defense has to take place wherever [a] person happens to be'."

It's nice to see a Judge who actually knows the 2nd and what it means. Hopefully we'll get a companion/equivalent case over here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top