JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So about six months ago we got the Ruger perscion rifle 6.5 creedmoor. I pulled out of the package mounted a scope " burress eliminator 3 " and loaded some shells up get ready to go and play. Only to walk into the reloading room and see that the Sargent and greenleaf push button electronic lock to just quit working on us. So now got this Ruger locked in a safe that isn't opening at all. That was six months ago, but anyway this rifle is just playing over in my head. What I wanna know is how cornfortable, accuracy, and distance that this rifle I've dying to shoot, shoot's?

Funny, have a similar case.
My son bought this rifle about 2 years ago while he was still in the Marines. Left it in my safe. Just this spring I bought it from him. I have a weaver tactical on it and last week got 200 rounds of hornady ammo for 160.
Going to take it out to Chino later in the week to see how it shoots.

Only to walk into the reloading room and see that the Sargeant and greenleaf push button electronic lock to just quit working on us. So now got this Ruger locked in a safe that isn't opening at all.
There has to be a way to open the safe. Contact the manufacturer. If electronic locks failed when the batteries running the electronics failed, nobody would buy such a safe for the exact reason you are experiencing. There may be some sort of hidden plug to energize the lock and thereby open it with the correct information. If it was me, I'd design a circuit that provided a USB plug somewhere on the safe that would connect to a portable power source. The source is connected, the circuit is powered-up, you enter the information to unlock the safe and it pops open per normal.

Ya we have ahead four different locksmiths come and look at it and they are all baffled. But they all say the same thing. Let me see if our warehouse carries this combo pad. I guess the combo pad was discontinued in 2005. The locksmiths never come back either it's like they don't want to touch the safe. It's an old browning 7ft brown ugly thing. It weighs around half a ton. My grandpa got it off an old lady for 30 bucks back in 1997. The reloading room was built around the safe so there is no moving it is there forever.

My grandpa got it off an old lady for 30 bucks back in 1997. The reloading room was built around the safe so there is no moving it...
I suppose you could use a cutting/grinding disk or a jackhammer with some kind of tool that can cut its way through the outer steel, after which you could bash your way through the concrete and get to the goods. Cut the steel away from one side, bust through and get the guns. I know you don't want to destroy the safe but if you're going to get to your guns, something will have to be sacrificed.

You just haven't found the right locksmith. It can be opened. In the early 90's I had one that burned in a house fire. It burned the handle and dial right off of it. I called Browning and they sent a guy to open it. it took him about 30 min to do it. My guns were only slightly wet [ the safe was sitting in two feet of water] but no heat damage!
DR

It can be opened. In the early 90s, I had one that burned in a house fire. It burned the handle and dial right off of it. I called Browning and they sent a guy to open it.
Glad you got it open. I did advise Glockenstien to call the manufacturer. Would seem to me than the manufacturer should know their products, and can open any of their safes that might be even as old as something made in the 1920s or 1930s when banks were not as trustworthy to keep our money as they are today.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top